Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Photographers Ephemeris.

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Photographers Ephemeris.

This is a bit of cunning software that shows you the exact location of sunrise, sunset, moonrise & moonset at any given time and at any given place on the planet. Great for being able to predict where and when you should be at a particular place so as to take best advantage of the settings.

NB: No monetary or any other advantage was gained by posting this thread on CiC.

Real Name
    Peter

Re: Photographers Ephemeris.

Thanks for this, Kit - it'll save me comparing the Beeb's weather with a Moonset/rise table

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

That's quite clever. Not sure how practically useful it would be, but it's certainly fun just to play with. It certainly gives you a good indication of what the situation will be in a place you plan to visit in, say, a few weeks or months.

Real Name
    Richard

This type of information could be valuable when traveling, especially when you want to include a specific subject in the foreground when shooting sunset or sunrise pictures. You can get a better idea where to be to shoot the image.

Real Name
    Andy

It is pretty cool to play with as others have said. I will likely try using it to plan a few trips in the coming months and see if it helps. Just out of interest I have a sunrise/sunset app installed on my HTC android which I find useful for planning day-to-day, especially during the week.

Real Name
    Elise

Thanks for the link! I downloaded it, and it's pretty cool. I'm always looking up sunrise and sunset in the weather reports, and knowing the angle of the sun is very nice, too.

Real Name
    Diane

Yes, a very good programme, although I've only used it a couple of times for a sunrise and a sunset shoot. I fully intend to get the iPad version, though.