Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Vow

Real Name
    Peter

The Vow

My eldest son getting married on a hill top in Devon, the highlight of our summer .
    EXIF: Fuji GA645zi on Ilford XP2 400 film, 1/200 at F8. C&C welcome.

The Vow

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: The Vow

That's a beauty, Peter. What a perfect memory for both of them.

The only thing I'd suggest is perhaps toning down, or cloning, that building just at the top of your son's head and the bright edge of the roof just above your now daughter-in-law's head.

Peter

Very nicely done and an unusual presentation for a unusual location (lovely idea by the way). I agree with Donald's observations but apart from that I would find it difficult to fault this one

Real Name
    John

Peter,

Did you take this photograph? I am wondering how your family members felt about the photograph considering color is the standard for wedding photographs? I ask because it looks like this could have been taken anytime within the last four decades and will look timelessly elegant for sometime into the future.

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

I really like it. The black and white (or perhaps duotone look) works as does the vignette. A well captured intimate moment...it feels good, for lack of a better way to describe it the way I see it.

Chuck

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Peter,

Did you take this photograph? I am wondering how your family members felt about the photograph considering color is the standard for wedding photographs? I ask because it looks like this could have been taken anytime within the last four decades and will look timelessly elegant for sometime into the future.
    My family have got used to my odd little quirks so my son was not surprised when I started using my Fuji GA645zi loaded with Ilford XP2 400 during the ceremony. I switched to 5D Mk2 later. Although I wasn't the 'official' photographer they still liked my efforts , except that the bride's dress is actually vivid orange, which she loved.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by peterb533 View Post
    My family have got used to my odd little quirks so my son was not surprised when I started using my Fuji GA645zi loaded with Ilford XP2 400 during the ceremony. I switched to 5D Mk2 later. Although I wasn't the 'official' photographer they still liked my efforts , except that the bride's dress is actually vivid orange, which she loved.
    I think the black and whites would be great for gifts to those who could not be present during the ceremonies.