Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Portrait- Pls Critique

Portrait- Pls Critique

Hi Friends
    My name is Sandeep Gupta from India and i just joined this wonderful forum.
    I am just a beginner in Portraits and lighting. I am uploading a pic for your Critics and suggestions so pls check it.
    Exif info
    camera- canon 400D
    Light- used single elinchrom light
    f/8
    shutter speed 1/160
    ISO- 100
    untitled-1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Donald; 23rd December 2010 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Image inserted inline

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Portrait- Pls Critique

Sandeep

Welcome to CiC. You can see that I have edited your image to place it into your post.

To help you get started, including information on how to post images, please be sure to read Post #1 of this thread HERE. Also, please read our Code of Conduct in the FAQ HERE

CiC is a resource strongly focused towards learning, no matter what your current level of knowledge, skills and experience. As well as these forums, where you can engage in discussion, ask questions and seek comment and criticism on your pictures, CiC has a comprehensive range of tutorials that, by common consent, are amongst the most sensible and straightforward that you can find anywhere. Remember to have a look on the tutorials and techniques pages which you can access from the menu bar.

And finally, the Mod team thought it might be a useful addition to CiC to have in-house access to some selected video tutorials. You can find them in the Community Lounge forum under 'Photography Video Tutorials'.

Thanks a lot to CiC team

Hi All...... looking for sum Suggestions/ critics on this pic as i am just new to lighting and portraits

Regds
    Sandeep

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Hey Sandeep,

Welcome to the forum. Well I find his watch a li'l distracting & errr... his right shoulder missing. But thats just my 2 cents. Lets see what experts have to say.. They will be up with their views pretty soon...

Thanks Sahil..... i'll take care of that next time

Sandeep

I think this is pretty good. The lighting looks fine on the skin. The dark clothing he's wearing is blending too much with the backdrop, and I think a lighter backdrop, or perhaps another light (if you have one) on the backdrop would help to separate them. Good composition.

Thx a lot Carregwen...... next time i'll try that

Really like this shot. I wouldn't change much to this set up. The glare from the watch is bit much for me (unless this is an ad for the watch). I really like the hard lighting as is, but I might add a kicker light behind the model to light up his shoulders and hair. Of course, that's to my taste.

@Raycer........ Thanks a lot !!

Regds
    Sandeep Gupta