Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: High key portrait

Real Name
    Raylee

High key portrait

This is my first high key portrait (not that I've done many portraits - no one will pose for me!). Anyway, this is my friend Phillip, a jeweller, wearing his new magnifying glasses. When he showed me the glasses, I knew I had to take a photo. How do you think it's turned out?

High key portrait

Real Name
    Steve

Re: High key portrait

Spot on.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
    How do you think it's turned out?
    Wonderfully.

That is excellent. Love it. Beautifully executed. Don't know how much control you had over just how much he had his mouth open. Any more and it would have been a big black hole that unbalanced the image. Any less and we'd have had more of thin black line that would have looked silly.

Excellent tight crop. Just what this sort of image needs. And I think the viewing angle works perfectly.

Be proud. You should be.

Real Name
    Raylee

Thanks Steve and Donald.

I didn't have any control - it was a spontaneous shot. Like I said, no one will pose for me. James and Phillip like to tease me about trying to take their photos - it's usually 'hurry up, you're too slow'. I seem to do better at photos that I have a lot of control over. So I'm happy when I get a quick shot that works out well.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Raylee

Hopefully this image can be a springboard to help others (friends, family etc) realise that they're in the company of a serious artist and that by being willing to model for that artist they will be helping her develop further. They need to know that this image in particular is top drawer.

Real Name
    Raylee

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Raylee

Hopefully this image can be a springboard to help others (friends, family etc) realise that they're in the company of a serious artist and that by being willing to model for that artist they will be helping her develop further. They need to know that this image in particular is top drawer.
    You are very kind Donald. I will share this photo with some friends and ask for their patience with my learning process. Thank you very much for your encouragement. I greatly appreciate it.

Real Name
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by donald View Post
    raylee

hopefully this image can be a springboard to help others (friends, family etc) realise that they're in the company of a serious artist and that by being willing to model for that artist they will be helping her develop further. They need to know that this image in particular is top drawer.
    Seriously cool pic Raylee and I couldn't agree more with Donald

and if his encouragement doesn't shift them....I'll send you , you know who......I'm hoping 1 day with her Indonesian study and standing up for what she thinks is right tendencies.....she would fit in well in a job working for refugees/asylum seekers in Canberra.

Real Name
    Raylee

Thanks Kay. You're lucky to have Fashionista. I have a couple of friends at work who I think would photograph really well - it's just a matter of convincing them.