Bill

"X"- Marks The Spot"

Sunrise at "Turimetta Beach" Sydney , Australia 27-11-10, CC Welcome

"X"- Marks The Spot"

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: "X"- Marks The Spot"

Bill

Is that a bit of spray that's jumping up from about the middle of the left hand section of foreground rock and showing up on the far cliff about 1/3 the way in from the headland? It's just that there seems to be a different light on that little bit of the cliff face. I just find it grabbing my attention and it's annoying me! However, maybe it's just a quirk of nature. I wondered if a bit of work cloning along that bit of the cliff face was worth it?

Even before the shutter was pressed, the photographic skill in this image was in seeing it. As Pops has said on here (you'll find I think that Pops has all these gems of sayings that encapsulate so much), it's the difference between 'looking' and 'seeing'.

I described your "X"- Marks The Spot"'Water Rush' as subtle in terms of colour and tone. I'd describe this as the direct opposite to that. It's purely a matter of personal taste and nothing to do with the skill that has produced it, but I find the colour too in-my-face. But that's just me.

Real Name
    Bill

You've got a good eye Don, Yes it is a bit of spray, But, The cliff face was dark and i tried to Dodge it a little , Maybe over done, and in hindsite it does catch my eye as well , The cloud was there , And I spotted the cross shape in the reflection of the water pool , Just had to highlight it a tad , Many thanks for your honest Critique, Appreciated - Bill

Real Name
    Elise

I think the colors are a bit intense, but then again, sometimes I'll take a picture of one of the vivid sunsets we have here and think that the photo is not vivid enough and want to bump up the saturation. Same thing with fields of mustard that are such intense yellow (almost neon) that if you try to reproduce that in a photo, it doesn't look "real."

I think it's a lovely capture, and as Donald said, very well seen.