Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Chateau Glenfarg 2010 - a good year

Chateau Glenfarg 2010 - a good year

Canon 50D, 105mm macro, single studio flash in a darkened room, with a piec of black art-board obscuring most of the softbox (I just let light around the sides to get the rim lighting)

C&C welcome

Cheers!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Chateau Glenfarg 2010 - a good year

You honour me, Sir.

It's because my abilities are restricted to being in the outdoors amongst tractors sheep and other assorted country pursuits that I just drink the stuff rather than trying to photograph it.

I'm in awe (again) of how you get the light playing round the different edges in 'A Three Bottle Problem'.

Rob

It appears I am even slower than I first feared.

No1 You cannot envisage a much simpler image. I love it. I know I harp on about this but less really is more. This image presents us with one white line yet the brain immediately fills in the rest and that makes it a very striking image. The only small alteration I would suggest is to get rid of the slight hint of the left hand side of the bottle top. I can imagine why you left it in but I am not sure it needs it.

No2 Not quite so struck on this one. The bottle works really well but the mix of full visual with the glass and limited visual with the bottle does not work for me.

No3 Again excellent rendition with minimal visual. Similar comment here the lines partially tracing the L/H outline of the bottle on the right could go in my opinion.

Excellent work and you have inspired me to start thinking about my next set of images.

PS I assume these are the empties from 'Great Wines of the 1970's' hamper that Donald sent in gratitude for hanging his photo over that damp patch on your study wall. Blue Nun, Mateuse Rose, Liebfraumilch (pronounced Leafer Miltch) they were the days. I hope he included some Cherry B and Babycham for t' better' alf and a Double Diamond party barrel to wash down the chicken in the basket and black forest gateau.

Real Name
    Dave

Very creative. Hope the wine was as good as the photographs.

Real Name
    Kay

No 3 is really stunning!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Great work Rob,

Like these,

Real Name
    Bill

Great shots Rob, With the weather your having , I guess a little tipple would'nt hurt , Well taken mate