Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any snow?

Real Name
    Alex

Any snow?

I'm sure by now most of the UK has had snow to some degree, some places more than others. So thought I would start this thread so we can post up shots of what it's like in your area, would also like to see areas not in the UK

A lot of roads, airports, bridges etc are shutting all the time here and I've not been to work since Sunday which is a bummer

Here's a shot from my front door.

Any snow?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Any snow?

Alex

Good idea

Will take and post one up tomorrow. Just spent the afternoon clearing snow from the car, so that when the roads do open there'll be less snow to shift to get out. Trees still down in Glenfarg blocking the road. No trains north of Edinburgh. Lots of good wine in the cupboard. I'm happy!

Real Name
    Diane

Yep. We have snow!! The back garden getting a hammering.

Any snow?

Real Name
    Alex

Donald, I've given up clearing the snow from the paths and car. Soon as I've finished it's back on again.
    I've seen it's pretty bad up your way and the Forth Road Bridge is closed until later tonight. I thought it was bad at the start of the year but this is just mental
    Good job I've got a good supply of T, I've just opened one as the snows started again

Diane, I've friends down there and they said they couldn't get to work either and it looks like it's going to last for a good few days yet

Hey, this isn't fair - we don't have any snow. Got my ice-axe and crampons ready, and the wife is loaded up, but no snow! Here's an old one from a place just down the road from my house.

Any snow?

Real Name
    Alex

Can we please swap Rob

Like Rob, only a couple of odd flakes here so far, in the extreme south; but last year was bad - we had nearly 5 mm on one day!

Beside the sea and in the lee of Dartmoor, we usually miss the worst of any snow. I would have to go back many years to find some decent snow photos.

The weather forecast is mentioning winds veering to the south east in a few days, which will be the most likely time for us if a band of moist mild air meets the cold air.

Quote Originally Posted by ascott View Post
    Can we please swap Rob
    What are we talking here? My location, or my Canon 5D?

Real Name
    Richard

It is 68 degrees Farenheit (20 degrees Celsius) where I live in San Diego County, California but, since the day is quite clear, I can see the snow on Big Bear Mountains about a hundred miles away (160 Km or so). Does that count? I am waiting for a bit more snow cap on the mountains before I photograph it...

Real Name
    Bernard Boyle

Hi Richard,here,s a hungry Scottish Robin having a meal in the snowAny snow?

Real Name
    Alex

Both please Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ascott View Post
    Both please Rob
    You 'll just take the mother-in-law, and like it.

Real Name
    Alex

Fair swap, I've got one to

Real Name
    Peter

Hi Alex,

We are well into to spring now but here are a couple I took in the Victorian Alps about 2 months ago. A friend and I hired a helicopter to get in.

When I get a minnute I will find a few more for you.

Any snow?

Any snow?
    Last edited by Peter Ryan; 2nd December 2010 at 04:26 AM.

Real Name
    Kay

Well Alex - us southern hemisphere types love a bit of snow in spring - these from my recent trip 'home' to New Zealand in late September/early October

Any snow?

Any snow?

Real Name
    Peter

Great work Kay, us southerners need to show these northerners we have snow too - not just when they do. In fact if I am right we have our before them. na'n'na'n'na.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

As promised in Post #2 above ....

Taken 10 minutes ago.

If you go to the 'street view' on my entry in the CiC Google map (click on the 'more' below my picture) you'll be able to do a compare and contrast of the view. This was taken after we've cleared the cars about 3 times to try and get ourselves out. Roads still blocked around the village due to fallen trees. So, we're stuck.

Any snow?

Kay, your photos are so beautiful that it's making me wish for spring. I can't do that, yet! It's not even winter!

We haven't had any snow, yet. Well, a momentary dusting. The whole world has snow but Vermont is brown. Strange! These were festive, though, and I thought that I would share. Taken last February with my point and shoot. (Psst! I didn't know about the rule of thirds, yet, when I took the second pic. Ah ha! That's why I like it. )

Any snow?

Any snow?
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 2nd December 2010 at 01:01 PM.

Real Name
    Steve

Don't know what is going on here; I thought I would be clever and do a long exposure on a tripod but it all turned out very odd, I thought it was alright to leave stabilisation on.
    So I took a quick snap, and even this is posturised.

Any snow?

Any snow?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Another bit of fun this lunchtime (took a break from work e-mails and went for a walk).

One of the few remaining public utilities in this country that hasn't been hived off (privatised) so that people can make profits out of essential public services.

ps: My house, in the village, is just along at the end there, lost in the snow.

Any snow?
    Last edited by Donald; 2nd December 2010 at 05:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast