Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sunset over the lake.

Real Name
    Edwin

Sunset over the lake.

Seeing I haven't posted anything for some time, I thought you may like this Pano of one of the most spectacular sunsets I happened to stumble upon one afternoon while taking a drive through the local countryside.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Edwin Harvey; 18th November 2010 at 12:03 AM.

Real Name
    Peter

Re: Sunset over the lake.

Great shot Edwin. Good to see you back. Where did you take this one?

Real Name
    Edwin

G'day Pete. I tried uploading this pano a couple of times using tinipic, for a larger viewing size, but wasn't very successful, so I gave it away as a bad joke. I guess everyone will have to be satisfied with the smaller version. Are you familiar with the south east corner of Queensland Pete? If you are, it was taken at a place called Villenueve, which is the backwaters of Somerset Dam.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Harvey View Post
    I tried uploading this pano a couple of times using tinipic, for a larger viewing size, but wasn't very successful...
    Click on the mini shot. When it views full size, right click and select 'copy image location' in Firefox browser or 'copy shortcut' in IE. Go to your post edit panel and use the insert image icon to paste in the link you just copied.

Like this...

Nice shot!

untitled_panorama-29.jpg

Real Name
    Peter

G'day Pete. I tried uploading this pano a couple of times using tinipic, for a larger viewing size, but wasn't very successful, so I gave it away as a bad joke. I guess everyone will have to be satisfied with the smaller version. Are you familiar with the south east corner of Queensland Pete? If you are, it was taken at a place called Villenueve, which is the backwaters of Somerset Dam.
    I did check on Google. I know where you mean but have not spent much time around there. Must do so on my next visit. I was up Noosa way recently and we came back to Melbourne via Carnarvon Gorge and the Castleriegh Hwy down to Dubbo, etc.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

I tried uploading this pano a couple of times using tinipic, for a larger viewing size, but wasn't very successful, so I gave it away as a bad joke.
    Hi Edwin,

If you're failing with TinyPic, check out steps 6 - 8 here, that's the bit that is most often overlooked. Everyone (including me once) thinks they have finished when it says "Success"

Cheers,

Real Name
    Edwin

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Edwin,

If you're failing with TinyPic, check out steps 6 - 8 here, that's the bit that is most often overlooked. Everyone (including me once) thinks they have finished when it says "Success"

Cheers,
    Sorry for being such Dinosaur when it comes to computers. Thanks everyone for trying to help me with tinipic. Next time I have something to post I'll try using the method you tried to explain to me. Thanks again to you all for your patience.
    Cheers........

Real Name
    Edwin

Thanks for your encouragement Pete. The whole area around Somerset & Wivenhoe Dams is very picturesque & well worth a look next time you're up this way. Carnarvon Gorge is also a photographers dream. I'll have to venture south again some day, as there's plenty of beautiful landscapes to photograph, particularly down The New England Highway. Take care & thanks again for your comments.