Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Layers query in Elements

Layers query in Elements

Hi,
    I am trying to get my Photoshop Elements 4 back to default settings for layers. Something I set accidentally is causing the layers I copy from other photos to become partially transparent at the edges so a hand has missing or nearly invisible fingers. I hope someone can help. I am a novice with photography so I'm practicing some Anne Geddes type techniques with my new granddaughter to try out features. Thank you for any help.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 7th October 2010 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Change thread title

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

Re: Photoshop elements question

I'm quite suprised that there has been no reply to this. I caught this while browsing. Normally the guys would've been straight to your aid. I can't help as I'm a PS user.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Layers query in Elements

Hi Ellison,

I missed this when first posted, sorry about that, good job Mark spotted it (Hi Mark )

Unfortunately I am not an experienced Layers user, so although I might guess it is a blending mode problem, I have now idea how to fix it.

Fear not, we have plenty of Elements users here at CiC, possibly now this has percolated to the top of the pile again, someone will see it and respond with an answer. Of course, you may have found it elsewhere by now

I have re-titled the thread to attract interest (I hope).

Rather belatedly, welcome to the CiC forums from ...

Real Name
    Jim

Re: Layers query in Elements

I didn't use layers when I had Elements.Can't be any real help here,but I found a couple links that might help you figure out the problem.

http://www.northlite.net/ps/prefs.htm

http://www.photokaboom.com/photograp...leshooting.htm

Real Name
    Steve

I'm unfamiliar with this problem; to me layers are the same opacity all over unless they are layer masks which is different. I found this though:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Photosho...3d59-7f90.html

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Photoshop elements question

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Boy View Post
    I'm quite suprised that there has been no reply to this. I caught this while browsing. Normally the guys would've been straight to your aid. I can't help as I'm a PS user.
    Unfortunately I my case, it's happening more frequently as the number of posts grow

I'm trying to develop a good workflow to catch them.

Real Name
    Steve

I'm going to guess and say the photos are two different sizes.

I went to a different forum and the issue is resolved. I appreciate the replies though. Thank you.