Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Something from Korea

Real Name
    Kevin

Something from Korea

Alright! My long awaited lens adapter arrived last week and I've been out shooting pictures with my delightful Pana/Leica D Summilux 25mm. I'm impressed with the results, I've never taken pictures that look quite like these before! It probably also helps that I've started shooting in RAW. It's fun having so much control over the result, I feel like I'm in a darkroom again!

Anyways, here are two of the better ones. I'm not sure what the flower is, but it caught my eye. I've seen a few of them around the mountains over here. I didn't notice the bug in the background until I opened it up on my computer.

Something from Korea

And this is some detail from my favourite temple here in Busan, Seokbulsa. It's located halfway up a mountain and generally doesn't see many tourists, although it's far and away the most impressive temple I've seen here yet.

Something from Korea

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Something from Korea

Hi Kevin,

The first shot is nice, but it looks a touch flat ... try increasing the blacks slider and watch what it does.

Real Name
    Kevin

Ah ha! Thanks for the advice, I just started using RawTherapee recently and I haven't finished figuring out what everything does yet. I hadn't noticed the black slider, but that certainly adds a lot more drama to the picture!

I take it this is what you were thinking of?

Something from Korea

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Yep - looks good

If you wanted, you could also possibly increase the saturation a touch, but that's really getting into "personal preference" category.