Thread: Switching to Windows 10 - printer drivers?

Real Name
    Richard

Switching to Windows 10 - printer drivers?

In order to use my new computer which will be running Windows 10, am I going to need to download new drivers for my two printers: Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II and Brother B&W Laser Printer HL-2270DW ?

Real Name
    Dave

Re: Switching to Windows 10 - printer drivers?

I don't know, Richard, but when you upgrade to Windows 10 it tries to find the correct drivers. I suggest connecting one of the printers, say the Brother, and see what happens. It may be all you need to do. (Unless someone knows different!).

Dave

Real Name
    Richard

I really detest switching to a new computer. Although I like to get disks for all my programs, that is not always possible. I have to find out how to switch quite a few programs that I have previously downloaded without the advantage of having a disk.

NIK is no problem because it is now a free program. I will just install it again.

On1 Photo is also easy: I contacted them by email and they sent me a link as well as a password to reinstall my On1 programs

Photoshop CS6: I have the disk and deactivated it from my old computer and it is ready to load onto my new machine. I purchased the new Photoshop CC and will load it on the new computer.

I have been perusing the programs that I have loaded on my old computer, many of which I no longer want and others for which I have disks.

There are a few programs that I will need to investigate how to switch them to the new computer...

Real Name
    Dan

I'd call canon. I found one for WIndows 8, but not 10: http://www.canon-printerdrivers.com/...nload-mac.html. They might have one not linked to that page/

Real Name
    Robert (ah prefer Boab) Smith

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    In order to use my new computer which will be running Windows 10, am I going to need to download new drivers for my two printers: Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II and Brother B&W Laser Printer HL-2270DW ?

Hi Richard,

Canon's latest drivers for the PRO - ye may have them already installed...

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consu...010%20(64-bit)

Click on "your operating system" tae choose whether 64/32 bit . In a later update, Windows 10 may well offer a more suitable (newer) driver, if so, ah'd install it. Check the printer functions after installing the driver above.

Also, some printers, (not just Canon) have minor bugs between USB2 and USB3 connections (assuming yer new PC is all USB3). Use a USB2 connection, if ye have any. Print a couple of document pages then an image tae ensure everything's OK. Though ah can't foresee any problems.

PS it's a good exercise tae work yer way through Device Manager and ensure that all yer older programs have the latest drivers available for them. Ye'll find that Win 10 will offer several over the coming few weeks, after yev installed those older programs. It's best for all yer apps and programs (and more efficient computing) that ye have the very latest drivers. This may mean a 4yo driver replacing a 6yo driver - but still worth doing.

When I setup my new computer I used the device manager (Win 10) to make sure all of the drivers were up to date which turned out to be a mistake at least as far as the printer was concerned. After getting some prints that were pretty off base I went through a number of procedures to fix the problem. After nothing worked I revisited the printer driver issue on the manufacturers site and found the driver needed to be updated when the device manager said it didn't.