Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Monitor calibration

Real Name
    Steve

Monitor calibration

I've just been reading the tutorial on how to calibrate your monitor. https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tu...alibration.htm

Although I don't know how to adjust each channels graph although nVidia allows that, just changing brightness a few percent made a massive difference. So which is better?

Before adjustment:
    Monitor calibration

After adjustment of brightness 3% lower
    Monitor calibration

The second is what the first looked like before I reduced my monitors brightness .

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Monitor calibration

Hi Steve,

The 2nd reveals more shadow detail and is (in my opinion) more pleasing. Just changing the monitor calibration wouldn't alter the image per sec though - you'd then have to readjust the image in light of the change to the monitor calibration to make a difference.

It's pretty hard to get it ideal without a hardware profiler (Spyder, Color Munki, EyeOne etc).

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Monitor calibration

cheers Colin; the second is quickly adjusted by bumping up local contrast and then reducing highlights to avoid too much blowing just to make the second look like what the first did before reducing brightness. Mostly I like dark anyway and a quick look through my images doesn't show many too far out and some look even better.