Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Focus Speed & Accuracy of Canon 5D Mark II -v- Canon 7D

Focus Speed & Accuracy of Canon 5D Mark II -v- Canon 7D

please tell me about focus speed & accuracy of canon 5dii vs canon 7 D.i have canon 20d. Thanks, arne
    Last edited by ARNE; 6th July 2010 at 02:26 AM. Reason: SAID "S"DII ISTEAD OF 5DII

Re: Focus Speed & Accuracy of Canon 5D Mark II -v- Canon 7D

In what situation? I suspect both do the job well most of the time. With telephoto lenses and moving subjects the 7D is most impressive....I'm starting to think it's psychic! I haven't had a proper shot of a 5D2 but I'd be surprised if it was as impressive in tricky situations. For the frame rate alone I'd go for the 7D over a 5D2 for action shots. If planning to use the likes of the new 70-200mm f/2.8 then I think only the 7D and 1D4 can get full benefit of the faster AF.

AF wise there's things a 1 series body can do that the others can't though. For long, slow lenses a 1D3 might be better. What lenses are you shooting with?

Real Name
    Kay

Re: Focus Speed & Accuracy of Canon 5D Mark II -v- Canon 7D

I would think like Andy in that it depends what your main purpose of use is to be - i.e I use the 7D for sport so chose it for frame rate over the 5D - however if you were more a portrait person that wouldn't be such a consideration - also the 5D being full frame if you have EF-S lenses they won't be compatible.