Thread: Pueblo, Taos N.M.

Real Name
    Carol

Pueblo, Taos N.M.

C&C most welcome!Pueblo, Taos N.M.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Pueblo, Taos N.M.

A very emotive image. Evokes a strong sense of deprivation and isolation. And it must have been quite a challenge given the very harsh lighting conditions. As I've said before, I think you have a masterful grasp of composition - you have, in my opinion, a great eye for putting together well structured images.

My only criticism is that inner, transparent border. I think it just takes too much attention away from the beautifully constructed image.

Real Name
    David

Hi Carol - Interesting image. I generally agree with Donald's comments. The inner border reminds me of the technique I know as "edge burn". However, in the version that I sometimes use, I would have a transparent mask fading into the centre (note British spelling!) of the image, such that the darker outer area would not really be perceptible at first glance. The idea is then that the eye is drawn inwards. I read about it somewhere and the Greats of Yesteryear appear to have used the technique routinely.

The only other possible tweak I might explore is to add, via sharpening, a little more texture to the walls of the buildings. Having said that maybe such is present but has been "lost in translation" to JPEG and downsizing.

Cheers

David

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Carol,

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    The only other possible tweak I might explore is to add, via sharpening, a little more texture to the walls of the buildings. Having said that maybe such is present but has been "lost in translation" to JPEG and downsizing.
    I do see texture on the walls, but only when I right click and view the image alone on a separate tab and make it a scrollable full size (1024 x 803px).

I agree with the comments about the fading inner border on the image itself - it is a distraction I'm afraid.

It is a nice composition, well done,

Real Name
    Carol

Pueblo, Taos N.M.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Carol, your last shot is not showing up.

The first shot is fabulous. You really know how to frame your shot in the borders. I agree about the inner most border though.
    Great shot