Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sprinkler

Sprinkler

Sprinkler

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Sprinkler

Now there's got to be something sort-of-mystical/weird about this. I've just been adjusting the sprinkler out in the garden and watching the light as the evening sun plays off against the water spinning from the sprinkler.

But that idea of getting it hitting the branch and its leaves and then going in another direction; i.e. down, is just so, so clever. Another beauty.

It's not fair. I'm supposed to be the one that comes out with something different. I think you are cheating, I'm in a strop, I'm having a major sulk, I'm throwing my teddies out of the pram, why don't you join another forum, get a life, stop taking original shots, buy an Audi!!!! for God's sake just become one of the ordinary people taking snapshots of your granny...

Real Name
    Rick

Wonderful, Steve. The secondary splashes of the water off the foliage is fantastic. I agree with Rob: buy an Audi, and keep taking fantastic photos of your granny's garden.

Cheers,
    Rick

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

#sigh# There's Rob, stamping his pretty little hooves again.

Nice idea, Steve and something quite different to your usual style. Although you can still see the "Steveness" in it.

Real Name
    Kay

Does anyone other than me - scroll through these forums primarily for the entertainment value? - the photography tuition is secondary to the belly laughs?
    And today first I stumbled upon Rob's 'thinking of England' - now this....the double dose of resultant laughter has really brightened my day, Thanks Guys.
    And Rob to expand on your theme - here they call it 'spitting the dummy'.
    Also Thanks for sharing the image Steve.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    Does anyone other than me - scroll through these forums primarily for the entertainment value? - the photography tuition is secondary to the belly laughs?
    Good grief woman, is that all you come here for, thou shouldest be ashamed of thy self!!!

That's MINUS 20 brownie points for you, at least until you start taking your (and our) photography seriously.

Dummy spat enough?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

If something's worth saying, it's worth saying twice.

The key debate is whether it was worth saying once in the first place!! Which in this case it probably was. We can't have people coming here thinking that they'll enjoy themselves. Just won't do!
    Last edited by Donald; 21st June 2010 at 04:56 PM.

Its a good job I don't mind my thread being hijacked by the Wheel Tappers and Shunters Club. I might of had to complain to the Committee....oh the Committee are participating.

Now there's got to be something sort-of-mystical/weird about this. I've just been adjusting the sprinkler out in the garden and watching the light as the evening sun plays off against the water spinning from the sprinkler.

But that idea of getting it hitting the branch and its leaves and then going in another direction; i.e. down, is just so, so clever. Another beauty.
    This shot nearly didn't happen. I was so full of...Goat's cheese with crispy Dhukka coating and a large black pudding, bacon and poached egg salad from my father's day trip to a local restaurant. I really couldn't be bothered after that lot.

why don't you join another forum
    I have but they either deride my kit or dissect my pixels

stop taking original shots
    Ok I will try. i have still got a couple of vouchers left so I will go out and get myself a pretty flowers/fluffy animals filter from Cokin. As you turn it the whole world turns into the Richard and Judy Show...aaaah

buy an Audi
    Ok I deserved that for my endless ribbing the Welsh. To say I would rather go on a Butlins holiday with Ant and Dec is an understatement. In fact I would take Tony Blair too and still be thinking I had gotten off lightly. A true story....

My daughter has come home with various schemes that are enough to turn my curly bits gray. A pierced navel. OK rather you than me, I am going to run off with my boyfirend and live in a shoebox on Moss Side. Right, but remember we are always here if you need us. I have just had a tattoo on my...I don't want to know. However the other day she told me she has been having driving lessons in an Audi.

After all the things we have done for you. It's like a stab in the heart. The pain your poor mother went through giving birth. The ungrateful little ***. Well I am certainly not giving you money to feed a habit like that. You will end up in the Cul-de-Sacs, before you know it it will have escalated to patio heaters, block paving and cheese and wine parties (not to mention fondou sets). The shame of it. How can I look the neighbours in the eye? And how do you suppose you are going to fund a habit like that. Before you know it you will be mugging grannies for double glazing they don't need, burgling the pension funds when your employees are having swinging parties at Centre Parks and hawking hedge funds to seedy middle aged men with sculpted hair and unspeakable stains on their M&S slacks. It can only end in one place...An over priced four bed detached in Altricham with a double garage and spiral cast iron staircase...

Dave,
    Repeating one's self is the top of the slippery slope. Before you know it you will be fastening your trousers under your armpits. Going to the newsagents sporting carpet slippers and a shopping trolley and centre parting your nasal hair. You may have noticed that you are already taking an unhealthy period of time perusing the Bettaware catalog and the reclining regency floral pattern chairs on he back of the TV Times seem strangely appealing...mark my words.

On a serious note. Thankyou for all your comments...and most importantly a good laugh

Steve

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Before you know it you will be fastening your trousers under your armpits.
    Oh, no. Please. Anything but that.......

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    You may have noticed that you are already taking an unhealthy period of time perusing the Bettaware catalog...
    No, not really. But we do have one of those catalogues delivered on a regular basis selling everything that make modern life possible - from knitted woollen toilet roll holders shaped like a Spanish dancer, to bibs for your TV dinners. The idea is that they collect the catalogues after a few days, but if you are out they ask you to leave it on the doorstep. It struck me the other day that I need a special water-proof protective holder to keep it in while it's on the doorstep. Can you suggest anything?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    ~ but if you are out they ask you to leave it on the doorstep. It struck me the other day that I need a special water-proof protective holder to keep it in while it's on the doorstep. Can you suggest anything?
    Why not write in and suggest it, we're far enough past April for them to take you seriously

I think Rob is insinuating that I have already reached the stage in my life where I use knitted bog roll holders and use blu tac to stick ornaments down. Actually I have been thinking about this whilst polishing the gas jets on the hob. I have come to the conclusion that the best protection from the rain is the blue recycle bin.

My eyesight is good enough to write this on my BB but I do question my sanity as I sit watching my mac write zeros to the HD in prep for a clean install

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Why not write in and suggest it...
    What a silly suggestion. They'll think I'm some kind of loon...