Point Reyes Light House
    Point Reyes Light House
    Point Reyes Light House

Taken at Point Reyes,CA

Please comment.

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Point Reyes Light House

can see you have got a struggle on between context and detail and nothing quite like having both! I think the 2nd one is worth a bit more work on, perhaps get the horizon level by using lens correction, then crop a little off the right if you have to put all the eggs in one basket.
    preious attachment now deleted
    Last edited by crisscross; 3rd December 2008 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
    can see you have got a struggle on between context and detail and nothing quite like having both! I think the 2nd one is worth a bit more work on, perhaps get the horizon level by using lens correction, then crop a little off the right if you have to put all the eggs in one basket.

One posted is too low res to survive, but hopefull the attached gives idea

Thanks for your comments...

I think you've done quite well in less than ideal lighting (quite 'flat' and lacking direction). In my opinion, the top photo works best as it concentrates on the detail rather than a 'general view'. The colours - particularly the rust - are very well captured.

The other photos suffer due to the lack of diectional light, which causes the skies to look flat and slab grey. One final suggestion. Whether it's in-camera or when you're processing the image, watch out for the edges. One of your shots has someone's elbow poking into it. Easily missed when focusing on your subject but also easily cropped or cloned out.

All the best. Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by The Analog Kid View Post
    I think you've done quite well in less than ideal lighting (quite 'flat' and lacking direction). In my opinion, the top photo works best as it concentrates on the detail rather than a 'general view'. The colours - particularly the rust - are very well captured.

The other photos suffer due to the lack of diectional light, which causes the skies to look flat and slab grey. One final suggestion. Whether it's in-camera or when you're processing the image, watch out for the edges. One of your shots has someone's elbow poking into it. Easily missed when focusing on your subject but also easily cropped or cloned out.

All the best. Paul.
    Thanks for your comments Paul. I appreciate you noticed the "elbow issue".Thanks.