Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Strawberries & Champagne

Strawberries & Champagne

Yesterday was my youngest daughters last day at High School (UK system). My wife treated her and her friends to a breakfast of bacon butties, Champagne and strawberries.....guess who gets to play with the left overs?

Disposable plastic Champagne flutes
    Strawberries & Champagne

Strawberries & Champagne

Strawberries and girlie plastic plates
    Strawberries & Champagne

Strawberries & Champagne

And yes, it really was that PINK

Steve

Re: Strawberries & Champagne

Love #2, Steve. Very abstract. Another fine example of how you can make an excellent shot out of ordinary things, or as they say in the North "Yer ken mekit owta nowt"

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Yep, I'll stick with Rob in saying #2 is my pick of an, again, impressive set - although some of us must only assume that the youth of today are indeed attracted to the pink on #3 and #4 (should never have done away with national service, I say!).

What particularly fascinates me about #2 is that stream of light at the back of top-most flute, yet the rest is in darkness. All that studio lighting stuff is totally beyond me and I haven't a clue how you achieve this - but it is very, very beautiful.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Steve,

#1 is my preferred shot, I like the perspective.

Mind you #2 is good for the reasons Donald gave.

#3 and #4 look like they next step was to flick, so the strawberries are hovering above the plate, but it never happened!

Flash should freeze movement, but I guess you'd only get one image per flick due to recycle time, unless working at minimal power.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Steve

Good stuff

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Must be the light, but I'd swear that right side up strawb is stuck to the bottom of the plate. Can't be, of course, unless gravity dunt prevail in UK. And that #2 of the upright flutey things makes me go green. I have a long way to go.

All that studio lighting stuff is totally beyond me and I haven't a clue how you achieve this
    Donald no mystery or expensive light shows here. Single Speedlight fired through the white side of a lightbox. Flash is dialed right down to put the background into shadow and and preserve highlights. Anything that was transparent disappears.

Thank you for all your comments. No1 and No2 are my favourites too

Steve