Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Seriously cutting the grass!

Seriously cutting the grass!

Some take grass cutting very seriously, while others just can't be bothered.

Just a quick snap with the wrong lens and the wrong light angle - but this scene amused me.

ps. I've done what I can with this photo, and I am aware of the remaining faults.

Re: Seriously cutting the grass!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Some take grass very seriously, while others just can't be bothered.

...I am aware of the remaining faults.
    Well, the biggest fault here, Geoff, is failing completely to explain the context of this shot. You just post a shot without any real explanation - no wonder new members are confused. I mean, it's clearly a WELSH picture, isn't it? But you failed to mention that critical fact. That foreground sheep is just typical of the ganja-smoking Welsh sheep that pollute the high streets from Merthyr Tydfil to Blaenau Ffestiniog. Note the classic fore-leg droop, typical of the condition. And that sheepish looking sheep (?) in the back-ground is obviously an under-cover sheep from the drug-squad who has been paid off by the local drug barons to 'turn a blind eye'. This country is going straight to hell, and David Cameron's 'Big Society' (aka Big Sheep Pen) ain't gonna solve the woes of the drug-fuelled hell that is modern Wales.

PS: BTW Nice shot
    PPS: I may have omitted a critical word from your quote, and I apologise for that, but then here in Wales we are not only sheep s******, but also illiterate. (inserts sheepish grin here)

Its all very well blaming the sheep of today. For some the only consolation to signing on and broken flocks is a quick spliff behind the bier. They need more to do than hanging round the cow sheds at night swigging alchopops and threatening the old cows. The skills employed in climbing railway bridges to spray can the obligatory "English Sheep Go Home" could be employed in the construction industry especially when the last great redevelopment project in North Wales was Castell Caernarfon. For some yews a quick knee wobbler behind the dry stone for a few sheep nuts is the only way to make ends meet. We need to target the men in white vans, camo jackets and Uniroyal wellies who verge crawl the single track lanes. More skate parks, yewth clubs and Guardian readers with sandals, leaflets and condescending trousers.....er I will stop there I am beginning to sound like a Guardian reader myself.

Oh and cutting grass is a despicable practice. There should be a purity standard...like the wool mark

Geoff..well spotted...but posting a picture of a sheep with a Welshman and rehabilitated former Cumbrian resident on the forum is asking for trouble

Steve

Real Name
    Carol

Hilarious Gents!

Carol

If you understood all that your Irish genes are truly dominant. My Irish jeans have bell bottoms and a hipster waistline...but we don't want to go there. (insert shamrock smilie)

You can see our political dilemma when the Welsh Assembly can ban the use of smilies on the mainland. For those non-UK rsidents who are looking at the map and scratching their heads Wales is an Island....don't argue...it just is.

Poor Geoff. He only posted his sheep for some serious C&C....I blame the Welsh Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Bannacht View Post
    Hilarious Gents!
    I don't think Geoff will agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post

Poor Geoff. He only posted his sheep for some serious C&C....I blame the Welsh Assembly
    Errr... actually, he didn't. But he gets it anyway! That's what's so great about this forum - you don't get what you ask for, and you get what you didn't ask for. Still, our aim here is to continually raise the baa!

(Big Grin) (Big Grin) (Big Grin)

Geoff

I was going to suggest you turned this into a sheep-shot thread, like the pet thread. But then I thought no, Geoff wouldn't appreciate that. So I won't be posting any.

Welsh single mother and babies

I lied.

Re: Welsh single mother and babies

Yes that is a nice composition.

I also have some other images which will require some thinking about cropping and general editing; but as this concerns a group of them lying naked amongst the bluebells I will wait until everyone has calmed down before posting them!

Sometimes when the wildlife is a bit scarce, farm animals make a reasonable alternative.

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

By crikey, when I saw that bit about "sheep sh******" I thought I was in good old N.Z. again. Then I woke up and I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Klickit View Post
    By crikey, when I saw that bit about "sheep sh******" I thought I was in good old N.Z. again. Then I woke up and I was.
    In America they live the dream. In NZ they live the nightmare! Imagine what it's like in Wales.