Thread: lightening Spring!

Real Name
    Carol

lightening Spring!

lightening Spring!

Real Name
    Jeroen

Re: lightening Spring!

This one looks ok to me. I like bright colours.
    I think the image would look better if the light post's top wasn't cut off and the blossoms were more in focus. A wider aperture might do the trick, but I don't know exactly the scene was. Would you mind posting the EXIF data?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by JK6065 View Post
    This one looks ok to me. I like bright colours.
    I think the image would look better if the light post's top wasn't cut off and the blossoms were more in focus. A wider aperture might do the trick, but I don't know exactly the scene was. Would you mind posting the EXIF data?
    Hi Jeroen, Carol,

If viewed full screen (in a new window, not the lytebox) and expanded to 1:1, it looks ok focus wise to me on blossom and tree, if anything, it is the lampost which is slightly softer.

I think I agree about ideally being able to see the top of the lamp.

Good exposure and composition.

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

I like it as a composition. I agree with the top of the lamp suggestions and it has a slight list. It would be interesting to repeat the shot when/if the light comes on....if it can be done.

Chuck

I like the colours and the use of the lamp against the blossom, but the lamp needs to be occupying about 25% less relative space in the shot than it currently is. At present the lamp looks too dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    I like the colours and the use of the lamp against the blossom, but the lamp needs to be occupying about 25% less relative space in the shot than it currently is. At present the lamp looks too dominant.
    I agree with Rob, also lamp appears to be leaning towards right this can be straighten, and bit sharpen

lightening Spring!

Real Name
    Carol

The EXIF data is unavailable other than file name, date and time the image was stored. Thanks again for fixing me up. I'm still learning and experimenting and obviously used the wrong settings in this particular image. I use a Canon g7 without any bells and whistles. I really appreciate all your help.