Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A Day In The Life Of...

A Day In The Life Of...

...Me.

Had the day off so took an early(ish) stroll to the lake front, missed the really good light but got these...

A Day In The Life Of...

A Day In The Life Of...

Then, after breakfast went for a walk in the park...

A Day In The Life Of...

A Day In The Life Of...

After lunch scored a flight with a mate around the park in a Robbie...

A Day In The Life Of...

A Day In The Life Of...

A Day In The Life Of...

(no sign of volcanic ash down our way )
    A Day In The Life Of...

There's a few more shots over at my Zenfolio page (link below) if you're interested.
    Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Steve H; 21st April 2010 at 02:34 AM.

Real Name
    Chris

Re: A Day In The Life Of...

Wow, great shots.

Here are mine from yesterday. Taken at the Valley of Fire, one of the state parks in Las Vegas.

A Day In The Life Of...

A Day In The Life Of...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Goodness gracious me. What an outstanding set of images. I think I've hit the bullseye if I feel I've got two or three keepers from a day's activity.

Real Name
    Ali

I love the first one, Steve! is that a cloud on top of the lake?

Real Name
    Wendy

As usual all are exceptional, but #1 and 3 are may favourites. Sigh, everytime you post I think I need a D90, but I'll learn to use what I have first.

Excellent shots, Steve. I like the effect with the bridge shot. I assume the shots from the plane were done through glass? Very clear if they were.

Quote Originally Posted by flipmode View Post
    Here are mine from yesterday. Taken at the Valley of Fire, one of the state parks in Las Vegas.
    Thanks Chris. Nice shots of yours too mate. I reckon that park would have huge potential, especially around sunset/sunrise with all that red rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Goodness gracious me. What an outstanding set of images. I think I've hit the bullseye if I feel I've got two or three keepers from a day's activity.
    Cheers Donald, don't worry it doesn't always turn out like that for me though I just got lucky that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Alis View Post
    I love the first one, Steve! is that a cloud on top of the lake?
    Thanks Ali, yes well sort of, it's actually early morning fog, we get a lot of it here at this time of year. It normally burns off through the morning but it has been known to hang around for days at a time - can be quite depressing. Makes for interesting photo's though

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    As usual all are exceptional, but #1 and 3 are may favourites. Sigh, everytime you post I think I need a D90, but I'll learn to use what I have first.
    Thanks Wendy. If I've learned one thing on this photo jaunt it's 'it doesn't matter what's in your hand' but having said that I am very happy with the D90 (came from a Canon 30D).

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Excellent shots, Steve. I like the effect with the bridge shot. I assume the shots from the plane were done through glass? Very clear if they were.
    Cheers Rob, Yes all shot through the front bubble or side perspex of the R22 so it was reflection central. Didn't have time to mess with a polarizing filter. I knew there would be reflections but just went for numbers. Had quite a few other 'winners' with a very nice reflection of my own arm complete with shiny wristwatch

Real Name
    Steve

Too many photo's in one place. I think maybe some are nice but I don't know, I should go on a course then I will know the truth and the truth is: the bridge.

Real Name
    Steve

I shouldn't have to explain everything I say, but the bridge......

( I must have noticed it) Is it good or is it not.

..bridge

Real Name
    John

Very nice compositions and color themes from both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    Too many photo's in one place. I think maybe some are nice but I don't know, I should go on a course then I will know the truth and the truth is: the bridge.
    I shouldn't have to explain everything I say, but the bridge......

( I must have noticed it) Is it good or is it not.

..bridge
    Not quite sure what you're trying to say here mate but thanks for your input anyway, and sorry for the multiple image post - whats the limit per post by the way?

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Wow. Great shots Steve & Chris. I Like #1 #3 #6 #8.

Real Name
    Chris

Thanks guys for all the kind replies. It was just great to get out of the city.

Steve, you're right, there's a lot of potential to catch a good sunrise/sunset especially against those red rocks. That particular day was two days before a storm, hence the nice clouds. It's definitely a place I want to revisit and get some more shots.

Happy Shooting!

Very nice shots there Steve.
    On your last shot, lake Manapouri will be just out of view on the right side and the control gates for the upper Waiau river are just visable on the upper left side (I think its them). Does that sound correct?

Real Name
    Steve

Sorry I had too much falling over water and didn't put it quite right; I meant I was spoiled for choice and couldn't choose a best one without doing an injustice to the rest.

And the bridge is amazing. Now I must write out a thousand lines; ' must not go on the internet after having a drink.' cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    Very nice shots there Steve.
    On your last shot, lake Manapouri will be just out of view on the right side and the control gates for the upper Waiau river are just visable on the upper left side (I think its them). Does that sound correct?
    Yes exactly it, here's another one from about the same position but looking back towards Lake Manapouri with the start of the Upper Waiau on the left.

A Day In The Life Of...

Sorry I had too much falling over water and didn't put it quite right; I meant I was spoiled for choice and couldn't choose a best one without doing an injustice to the rest.

And the bridge is amazing. Now I must write out a thousand lines; ' must not go on the internet after having a drink.' cheers
    Haha I thought that there might have been a bit of 'substance abuse' involved but I didn't like to say (actually thought it might have been inhaled and not swallowed). No worries anyway

Thanks, I quite like the bridge too, here's another B&W version not sure which one I prefer yet, maybe the first, and a 'normal' shot of the bridge.

A Day In The Life Of...

A Day In The Life Of...

Real Name
    Myra

You took all these on a day off? What on earth would you do with a whole week? They're amazing!