Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Kids' Play

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Kids' Play

Kids' Play
    40D, Tokina 11-16 f2.8 @ 11mm. ISO 100. 1/25@f11. Manual. Spot. 6:55am

What do you call it in your country? - Slide? Chute? Anyway - the thing that kids slide down. This one is built on a natural slope.

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Kids' Play

Nice shot Donald. I see you have not lost your touch. In Canada we call it a slide. Most of them seem to be plastic now adays.

I like this shot for the tones textures and composition, but when I look at it I also wonder why the empty deserted playground. Even though it might be because it is getting dark, this shot makes me think about how different things are for kids these days, when they cannot stay out and play the way I did when I was growing up.

Excellent, Donald. That's the sort of shot I like to take. I'm glad you posted this because I've been trying over the past few days to shoot close-up to smallish objects with my Tokina 11-16. Problem is the min focus distance is about 14in, unlike the Sigma 10-20 which is just a few inches. Seems with the Tokina you need larger objects at close range. I've tried it with an extension tube but it won't focus.

Very good shot.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    I also wonder why the empty deserted playground.
    Wendy - It was at 6:55 this morning. Kids are probably still on their playstations (or whatever is 'the thing' these days - I sound old!). It was only me and a couple of folk out walking their dog. The brightness on the very end part of the slide is the sun just starting to come up over the hill that runs up behind the houses in the background.

Real Name
    Wendy

Wendy - It was at 6:55 this morning. Kids are probably still on their playstations (or whatever is 'the thing' these days
    I kind of figured that, but the isolation and the playground still made me think of how different things are today for kids. To me besides being technically a great shot, it's also a symbolic shot (in my crazy mixed up mind anyway)

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    it's also a symbolic shot (in my crazy mixed up mind anyway)
    Not crazy. I hadn't seen that. But you're absolutely right. Thankyou.

Superb image Donald. I could just eat the atmosphere in you images. Keep 'em coming.

Steve

Real Name
    John

Where's the ladder? I'm getting vertigo just looking at the photo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Kids' Play
    40D, Tokina 11-16 f2.8 @ 11mm. ISO 100. 1/25@f11. Manual. Spot. 6:55am

What do you call it in your country? - Slide? Chute? Anyway - the thing that kids slide down. This one is built on a natural slope.