Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Help with buying gear

Real Name
    dvp

Help with buying gear

I am shooting Nikon D70 and D-90. What would be a good tripod to buy? I am also looking to buy a remote or wired shutter release for these two cameras. Any suggestions?
    Do the infrared remotes focus and then release the shutter or do they need to be prefocused and only release the shutter?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Help with buying gear

Hi dvp,

Regarding Tripods, start here;
    Best Tripod and head for stability

Quote Originally Posted by dvp
    I am shooting Nikon D70 and D-90. ~ I am also looking to buy a remote or wired shutter release for these two cameras. Any suggestions?
    Do the infrared remotes focus and then release the shutter or do they need to be prefocused and only release the shutter?
    On the last question, I have to say I have only, to date, used it with a manual lens. However, since my Nikon won't take a photo unless it has focused, I assume it will AF, then snap.

I use the cheapest Nikon IR remote and while the sensor is on the front of the camera, I find I get enough bounce back off the light tent/box I am using to trigger, even if used from behind the camera. No doubt there will be times when it may be a problem though; e.g. outdoors use if you're not in front of the camera.

Cheers,

Real Name
    dvp

Re: Help with buying gear

Interesting about the feedback for manual lenses. A wired remote would be better than IR by the sounds of it.