Real Name
    António Correia

Silves, Algarve Portugal - wilderness

1. Silves, Algarve Portugal - wilderness
    2. Silves, Algarve Portugal - wilderness
    3. Silves, Algarve Portugal - wilderness
    4. Silves, Algarve Portugal - wilderness

Re: Silves, Algarve Portugal - wilderness

CONGRATULATIONS MR ANTONIO! All these pics here are very good! these are my favorites from your collections u really need to concentrate on the landscape,cz these are your forte.........u need to work on the exposures a bit......they are a little on the brighter side,a tiny bit i think! play around with stronger apertures too. and offcourse a steady hand or a steady stand will do wonders fr landscape pics.

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS MR ANTONIO! All these pics here are very good! these are my favorites from your collections u really need to concentrate on the landscape,cz these are your forte.........u need to work on the exposures a bit......they are a little on the brighter side,a tiny bit i think! play around with stronger apertures too. and offcourse a steady hand or a steady stand will do wonders fr landscape pics.
    I see that you don't miss my posts. Good. I like your comments
    You also like this one don't you ?
    Let me tell you one thing: these kind pictures are a piece of cake. I mean they are very easy to do. Don't tell anyone.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

In general I agree with taken; I like them too.
    Although I don't see the exposure being 'over the top' on any.

If I have a favourite, it would be #1, for the delightful range of tones and good light, although the extra one (#5) comes in a close second.
    On #1, did you have to do anything special to get the perfect balance between the exposure of sky and landscape? I ask because from past posts I know you're very good at making natural looking pictures that hide all your hard work. I wouldn't call it a 'piece of cake', I think you underestimate your skill.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 25th September 2008 at 07:19 PM.

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    In general I agree with taken; I like them too.
    Although I don't see the exposure being 'over the top' on any.
    If I have a favourite, it would be #1, for the delightful range of tones and good light, although the extra one (#5) comes in a close second.
    On #1, did you have to do anything special to get the perfect balance between the exposure of sky and landscape? I ask because from past posts I know you're very good at making natural looking pictures that hide all your hard work. I wouldn't call it a 'piece of cake', I think you underestimate your skill.
    Dave. Good evening. How are you ?
    I suspect that it is you on dgrin ... I am right am I not ?
    I assume that the exposure 'over the top' would be a little burned, too much exposed.
    It was very early in the morning and the sky was cloudy with a general and homogeneous cloud if you understand what I mean. I was constantly skimping - well, looking at the histogram - and adjusting the exposure accordingly.
    Exposing to the right and to the light.

As I told before, I use LR and I like it very much.
    The sky in the first picture was not burned and what I did was to apply a Graduated Filter (M for shortcut) introducing density to that area leaving the "land" all "alone".
    To get this white balance I just use LR and a couple of adjustments with my eyes and my Mac.

When I said "these kind pictures are a piece of cake" I meant that they are easy to shoot. Just follow two or three rules, your own feeling and bang. There you go.
    I try to use something - tree or whatever - in front to give some depth of field to the scene whenever possible.

The 5.th picture was shot at 10.34 in the morning and the light was not yet harsh. It was a little harsh yes, but not too much.
    At the moment I thought we should be there earlier to get better light. But I couldn't help it as we were the guests and the guy was riding us on his 4 wheel drive jeep.

So, I am good at hiding my hard work ...
    I do like natural looking pictures with strong colors and these days I am very demanding on my photos.
    I only post what I think it is good. Little pictures (small quantity I mean - with quality.

May be I underestimate myself... but when I see what there is to learn I understand that I know nothing at all.

Thank you for your usual comment. Much appreciated.
    I worked on this one here today, in the morning. See the sky ? Those Sun rays are natural. Enhanced of course.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    Dave. Good evening. How are you ?
    I suspect that it is you on dgrin ... I am right am I not ?
    Good evening,
    I am well thank you, I hope you are too.
    Not sure about 'dgrin' though, please explain

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    So, I am good at hiding my hard work ...
    I do like natural looking pictures with strong colors and these days I am very demanding on my photos.
    This was supposed to be a , not , don't be sad; it was a compliment that you do not do so much that it shows and looks artificial.

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Good evening,
    I am well thank you, I hope you are too.
    Not sure about 'dgrin' though, please explain
    This was supposed to be a , not , don't be sad; it was a compliment that you do not do so much that it shows and looks artificial.
    Me sad ?
    It's OK. Just a little misunderstood. You are native English and I am not. Misinterpretations are easy.
    DGrin is a forum I am in for some years - very good actually - where you should go and pay a visit.
    Someone commented my pictures there telling he knew me from other forum. I thought it was you ... But you are not
    Cheers. No pic this time
    DGrin is American. I like this one here because it is European.
    Last edited by Antonio Correia; 25th September 2008 at 09:21 PM.

u post a lot of pics here mrantonio! and they are hard to miss, ur new pic showing the farm house near the lake is good too but i surely dont like the blurry foreground u added there that foreground is actually spoiling the beauty of the pic! next pic about the sunshine u wanted to capture has been totally ruined by your composition! the thot to capture the sunshine rays is very good but u have failed to capture it thru ur camera! i see more barren land then the rays! i wonder why? you figure it out urself

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    u post a lot of pics here mrantonio! and they are hard to miss, ur new pic showing the farm house near the lake is good too but i surely dont like the blurry foreground u added there that foreground is actually spoiling the beauty of the pic! next pic about the sunshine u wanted to capture has been totally ruined by your composition! the thot to capture the sunshine rays is very good but u have failed to capture it thru ur camera! i see more barren land then the rays! i wonder why? you figure it out urself

Sorry taken. Your opinion. I respect it.
    I like the picture. It is not one of the best but good enought.
    In fact I shot some 6 or 7 here and I have choosen this one.
    They were all waiting for me in the 4*4 as an excuse to hurry up...
    I'll see what I have later.
    Most probably, no promises what so ever, I will post another one of the place.