Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Silves, Algarve - Portugal

Real Name
    António Correia

Silves, Algarve - Portugal

Last week end we drove to the south of Portugal to meet someone who would drive us in the wilderness of the mountains of Silves, Algarve.
    We got up early in the morning because we were supposed to see animals like dears, wilde pigs, birds and others, inside a hunting reserve.
    I was going to hunt animals but with my camera and lenses
    Some landscapes were also expected to be found.

This week end is now - for me - a start point to crop my pictures differently.
    Until now, I always cropped my pictures with a standard size, but - looking at the landscapes themselves - I quickly came to the conclusion that I could not keep a certain size - whichever it was - and make nice and beautiful framed pictures.

I post here the "original" picture. The one where I have not applied any "treatment" and the one I have cropped and "treat" or worked on.
    I would like to read some opinions about this picture. I thank you for that.
    1. Silves, Algarve - Portugal 2. Silves, Algarve - Portugal

However, I want to give up to temptation and I post one which I see as one of the best.

Shot early in the morning with the 20D + 70-200 at 200mm. I was looking for that smash - or whatever you want to call it - tele-lens effect. 200*1,6 = 320 mm. I could do better with the multiplier but ...
    The use of this lens - I was cradling the 5D and the 20D on my lap all the time - made me look under a different perspective at the landscape.
    I am not going to bother you with more pictures I shot but I was very happy with the results.
    Was I right ?

The scale in these pictures are the trees which can be seen far, far away. Lightroom work. I like this prog !

Re: Silves, Algarve - Portugal

mrantonio i think if you had tried your hand at landscape photography earlier, you cud have had lots of lovely pics on your table top by now! i like ur last pic here,the panoramic effect pic cz it seems to have the right balance of sky and land caught in lovely soft tones! the other two pics seems to have either too much land or too much sky so keep up the good work combined with your hard work of carrying those heavy cameras and lenses!

Real Name
    António Correia

Re: Silves, Algarve - Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    mrantonio i think if you had tried your hand at landscape photography earlier, you cud have had lots of lovely pics on your table top by now! i like ur last pic here,the panoramic effect pic cz it seems to have the right balance of sky and land caught in lovely soft tones! the other two pics seems to have either too much land or too much sky so keep up the good work combined with your hard work of carrying those heavy cameras and lenses!
    This time I got a good opportunity to shoot landscapes. I do have more but they - for some reason - are hidden. Sorry.
    I will keep dragging my equipment around.

The last picture is the one from this round. The best. The exquisite. The one to make a large print.