Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Golden Gate

Golden Gate

Golden Gate

Canon 40D + Canon EFS 18-200mm f/4.5-5.6 @ f/11, 1/5s, ISO 100, tripod.

Golden Gate Bridge at sunset, San Francisco, CA.

Re: Golden Gate

Nice shot, well balanced color and frame.
    Attaching one of my Golden Gate pic too
    Golden Gate

Hey Ajith, cool shot! Where was it taken? I'm looking for the perfect spot to shoot that damn bridge I find it pretty challenging - not only it's a toll bridge, but I couldn't really find parking in the spots where I'd like to shoot. All freeways..

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by agaace View Post
    Where was it taken? I'm looking for the perfect spot to shoot that damn bridge
    Well, you've done pretty well so far. This one is good and I was wondering where you took it from. I walked across it quite a number of years ago.

Hey Ajith, cool shot! Where was it taken? I'm looking for the perfect spot to shoot that damn bridge I find it pretty challenging - not only it's a toll bridge, but I couldn't really find parking in the spots where I'd like to shoot. All freeways..
    Hi Agaace ,

Here is the google map location

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...01929&t=h&z=16

Expecting more GG Bridge shots from this location

If you are going from south; cross the GG bridge and take the "Alexander Ave" exit, take a sharp turn onto "E Rd" then straight down a bit ..

Donald - Hope I covered you too.
    ~Ajith
    Last edited by ajith.rajeswari; 10th March 2010 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks a million for the location Ajith!
    Donald, mine was shot from the Treasure Island. I was in San Francisco just for a weekend and only had about 1 hour "free time" in my "busy" schedule to go shooting, so this is pretty much a random shot. But I'm hoping to get back there next week for longer and with a less busy schedule (less parties ), so hopefully I can make it for a sunrise one day

Agata
    Please do not take this the wrong way because I believe you to be a very capable photographer and because of that I am waiting for something to come up that has your 'style' imprinted on it. You are lucky enough to have the exotic locations but I am not seeing any personality in your work yet. Nothing that says "that's an Agata shot". I guess it takes time to develop but my most graphic example would be to look at the development of Donald's work. He has suddenly hit a style that is very much his own. You need to get that Agata style showing through because your work deserves it

Steve

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

I like it Agaace....while I tend to like more dramatic and bold shots, this has a peaceful and pastel look and feel and whould fill a niche on someone's wall.

Chuck

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Golden Gate

Golden Gate Bridge at sunset, San Francisco, CA.
    Hi Agata,

I'm not seeing any image at my end - just wondering if anyone else is having probs seeing it?

Real Name
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Hi Agata,

I'm not seeing any image at my end - just wondering if anyone else is having probs seeing it?
    I can see it here Colin Windows 7 IE 8 (go figure, it's usually me that can't see them). Beautiful shot by the way as are all of the shots in the facebook album

Real Name
    John

Agata,

Nice photo. If you are looking a new angle try directly below.

Many thanks for all the comments!
    Steve, I think you nailed it down - I know I don't have my own style. I try not to worry too much, friends tell me it will come naturally with time and I shouldn't try to enforce it. Just do my stuff the way I like it, and my style will come. Btw "exotic" is very subjective, depending where you live - to me UK is exotic for example, as I've only been there once (not including Northern Ireland and changing flights at airports), visited London in 1993, and that's it! I've been craving to go to Scotland but never made it. Exotic or not, a good photographer will produce interesting shots no matter what country they live in.. I guess I need to try harder.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Ajith, Agata

Thanks for the journey down memory lane.

It was in 1990 that I walked it. We actually walked from downtown (a little bed & breakfast hotel we stayed in close to Chinatown), right along the waterfront, out over the bridge and onto Sausalito. Bought a couple of prints from a photographer called Mark Reuben, who had a nice shop there (don't know if he still operates). They're on the wall just above me as I sit here typing.

And then got a ferry back in the evening. That Google Map brought it all back. It was a beautiful day. I was shooting transparencies at that time and I know there's one I liked of a ship in full sail going under the bridge. Must look it out.
    Last edited by Donald; 11th March 2010 at 12:33 PM.