Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: I want to achieve something great in photography field.

I want to achieve something great in photography field.

Can you all please boost me to kick start my dream and one of my hobby into a wonderful Dream Job...

What is the way to achieve it. As now I am just in learning phase of photography.

Is there any possible to learn it without having to attend the proper education in this field?

Please post your experience and share your achievements in this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Re: I want to achieve something great in photography field.

Errr... You planning to excel in photography overnight?

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Other than hard work, I'm not aware of any "magic wand" - but if you do find something, please let us know!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by kranthi54321 View Post
    For the few members that have managed to earn some kind of a living from photography, I think answering this question will help Kranthi the most, as I suspect the dream is 'hard won', shall we say.

Real Name
    John

Kranthi,

One thing overlooked when trying to turn that hobby into a dream job is the business side of photography. You can take a million photographs and probably sell a few thousand, but depending upon what you are photographing there are a few rules to abide by. For instance, if you are interested in becoming a fashion photographer you will probably deal in contracts, model releases, and time lines. Befoe you can even reach this step in the process you need to have the equipment necessary to fulfill the assignment. None of this is impossible, some of the great photographers, such as Helmut Newton, started out with limited equipment and went achieve great success in their careers. Take things one step at a time and you will eventually get where you need to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by kranthi54321 View Post
    Can you all please boost me to kick start my dream and one of my hobby into a wonderful Dream Job...

What is the way to achieve it. As now I am just in learning phase of photography.

Is there any possible to learn it without having to attend the proper education in this field?

Thanks in advance.

Real Name
    Steve

I do as well; a pic without any faults. Don't think I will get a job as a fashion photographer apart from being old, I'm too laid back and some days I just can't get enthusiastic about anything; especially since giving up the ciggies. Apart from that I don't believe you can make it with a point and shoot as suggested by David Bailey in an advert I saw.

I thought I like driving and so to be adventurous became an artic driver, then I didn't like driving anymore so I guess you can get too much of a good thing.

But without people wanting to be professional photographers there wouldn't be many, however those that are tend to have a degree in it. But I found that you can be professionally assessed at various institutions such as the Royal Photographic Society for a fee and I suppose that could help. cheers

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

I would suggest lots of books - lots of videos - lots of equipment - and lots of practice. That's the path I'm on anyway.

Real Name
    Will

The easiest way to get your stuff seen and/or get your name out would probably be to find a niche, preferably one not explored often, and crack into it. If you take photos you will fade into the background, certainly for many years while you get good. However if you take really niche photos that havent been done often you may get your stuff seen as people say 'ooo, ahhhh, ive not seen that before'. So if you want to fast-track you need to decide what your niche is, what sort of photos you want to take, what will be different about then, then just dive in, take lots of photos, and be critical of every single one to learn from them.

Finding a niche is in fact a great way of getting into photography in general. I really started by stitching together a few holiday photos, this got me into the high resolution (eventually gigapixel) and panoramic area of photography. The ultra-high resolution stuff is still emerging, which is why one of my recent images was linked in an e-newsletter and recieved 25,000 views in 1.5 months with more still trickleing in. However this start was just a start, and got me into photography, so ive now explored other areas: macro, wildlife, long exposure etc. But widening my areas hasnt watered down the original niche i got into, it enchanced it by helping me learn more about general photographic techniques that can be applied.

Enough waffle, my summary:
    -Pick a niche
    -Dive into it hard and fast
    -Broarden your horizons for more experience which can be applied to your niche
    -Dont expect miracles, its an art that takes time to learn

Thank you shadowman, The sentence which you said "Nothing is Impossible". I gonna boost myself into the career path!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Thank you all!! you guys are amazing!! We are of one family and our goal is to learn photography. Thank you guys for helping me to learn it and earn it!!!

Thanks again....