Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: I am unable to post the images directly to my forum

I am unable to post the images directly to my forum

Can you please tell me the process, how to add the images directly without any restrictions in number of images and size...

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
    Kranthi

Real Name
    Allen

Re: I am unable to post the images directly to my forum

In my case is use Firefox and select the Copy Image Location from right-click and use this as the URL for my postings. I think IE has a similar function.

Not sure if that solves your problem but maybe you can provide more detail on your host forum.

Allen...

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: I am unable to post the images directly to my forum

Quote Originally Posted by kranthi54321 View Post
    Can you please tell me the process, how to add the images directly without any restrictions in number of images and size...

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
    Kranthi
    Hi Kranthi,

I am assuming you mean to be able to put them in posts here at CiC without the "700 pixel longest side" restriction...

The TinyPic process is probably best, although I believe there is a 1.5MB filesize limit, this shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't save the jpg at a quality of greater than 9 (of 12), or say; 75%. Here is a link on how to do this.

Other than that is to host them yourself somewhere else, like I use PBase, but that costs money - although not a lot. Then direct link them here.

This gives you the advantage of 'yor own' website too - you can choose the style, i.e. the colours of your website, I like the black, but it's not to everyone's taste.

If you mean just for here, I would give TinyPic a try, it works for me.

Cheers,