Thread: "Renovators Dream" - Old Farm Buildings (HDR)

"Renovators Dream" - Old Farm Buildings (HDR)

Last edited by Dave Humphries; 26th February 2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: added spacing between pics

Real Name
    Edwin

Re: "Renovators Dream" - Old Farm Buildings

Quote Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
    I particularly like image number 3, great shot mate, keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 26th February 2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: selected image #3

Real Name
    Peter

Like these very much but would suggest that, for presentation purposes put a border round the pics or at least seperate them as I find I am looking the edges of the next photo.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by peterb533 View Post
    Like these very much but would suggest that, for presentation purposes put a border round the pics or at least seperate them as I find I am looking the edges of the next photo.
    Hi Peter,

How's that?

Steve,

I hope you don't mind me doing the easy thing and spacing them a little?

BTW, my fav is #1 - they look better still bigger (F11 to full frame browser, then click first image and flick between them)

Edwin,

I hope you don't mind me selecting just the #3 image? (Saves scrolling and makes it more obvious too)

Cheers all,
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 27th February 2010 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb533 View Post
    On my browser (Firefox) if I select left-click any image (in any thread) it puts it in a large popup window with a border. Is that a feature of Firefox, or this forum?

EDIT: I just tried Internet Explorer and it doesn't do it, so it must be a feature of Firefox. It works very well for presenting a single image. Anyone else use this?

Steve,

Great shots. I like the texture of them.

Real Name
    Kori

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    On my browser (Firefox) if I select left-click any image (in any thread) it puts it in a large popup window with a border. Is that a feature of Firefox, or this forum?

EDIT: I just tried Internet Explorer and it doesn't do it, so it must be a feature of Firefox. It works very well for presenting a single image. Anyone else use this?

Steve,

Great shots. I like the texture of them.
    I can do the same thing with left click- I have Internet Explorer 8.

I Love all these pictures, old places amaze me, but my favorite is #1. We own land about 45 miles north of home here and there are a few old barns/farm houses that look like this! I've been meaning to stop and take a few shots... Now the next time we head up North- I'm stopping!
    Nice Work! Thanks for sharing!!

Real Name

Is that a feature of Firefox, or this forum?

Hi Rob,

It is a feature of the forum, it may well be implemented in Javascript, so first stop might be to see if you have that blocked in your security setting.

Failing that, it could well be a version/compatibility issue, IE is riddled with these and we know there are some CiC features that don't work properly with all versions on every operating system (they should, but that's another story). btw It works for me with IE8 on Vista.

What version/build of IE are you using?
    What OS?
    A PM to Sean (McQ) with the answers is a good idea, rather than hijack Steve's thread.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Rob,

It is a feature of the forum, it may well be implemented in Javascript, so first stop might be to see if you have that blocked in your security setting.

Failing that, it could well be a version/compatibility issue, IE is riddled with these and we know there are some CiC features that don't work properly with all versions on every operating system (they should, but that's another story). btw It works for me with IE8 on Vista.

What version/build of IE are you using?
    What OS?
    A PM to Sean (McQ) with the answers is a good idea, rather than hijack Steve's thread.

Cheers,
    I just tried it again and it works with IE on Vista. I'm sure it wasn't doing that before - it just put the shot into a new page (without the frame) Maybe it updated itself to IE8 overnight. I never use it, I always use Firefox. The only difference is that with IE8 it gives a white frame on a plain black background, but on Firefox it gives a white frame with a dimmed background. It works a lot better using fullscreen mode (F11)

Ah well...

Real Name

I just tried it again and it works with IE on Vista.

~

It works a lot better using fullscreen mode (F11)
    Hi Rob,

Now you mention it, I have to say, very occasionally (even in FireFox), it behaves as a link and opens the pictures rather than the lytebox working, but "Back" and another click restores normal operation.

Absolutely agree on using f11 first, especially for portrait orientation shots on smaller screens (e.g. 768 or 800 high).

Cheers,

Real Name
    Rick

I really like #2, and I wish I better understood why. It has an overall balanced feel. It doesn't seem to be as much about the building, but if I roughly block out the building by moving a small window in front of it, it just looks like a boring grove of trees. There's so much there, with the lowering sky, the spot of brightness in the front part of the trees, and it all balances in a way that seems hard (for me, anyway) to explain. Very nice.

Cheers,
    Rick

Real Name
    John

Hi Steve H
    I am curious about the brick building in the second pic. Is it located near Ingham in North Queensland?
    Regards
    Walshy

Quote Originally Posted by Walshy View Post
    Hi Steve H
    I am curious about the brick building in the second pic. Is it located near Ingham in North Queensland?
    Hi Walshy,
    Fraid not, actually all four are firmly planted on the South Island here over the ditch from you.