Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Wedding Guys

Real Name
    Andrew

Wedding Guys

I captured this as some young gents involved in a wedding were walking past me. I didn't really have much time to set it up, or frame it, as they were in motion (obviously), but I kind of like how it turned out.

One thing that irks me, is how the suits aren't pressed. I think it just would have made it all the better if the jackets weren't so wrinkly in the back.

Any C+C would be greatly appreciated!

Wedding Guys
    Last edited by Andrew76; 6th October 2013 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Can't speak English

Real Name
    Tony Watts

Re: Wedding Guys

I like this shot. Three young men walking all in step in a purposeful manner. I like the composition. If it were mine, I would be experimenting with different exposure and contrast.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I like the composition. I do find it, overall, a bit bright, although accept that may have been an artistic decision. I wondered about darkening up the mid-tones just a little bit?

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Andrew,
    An amazing shot IMHO. The way you left space for them to walk into, brilliant.

Donald is looking at it purely from a B&W perspective. I would have had to agree with him if it wasn’t that I am aware of the trend to shoot high key. Not that I am fond of high key shooting but it works for many subjects.

The creased suits: you are just old school. It seems to be “cool” not to be dressed to perfectly.

Real Name
    Shane

I like it Andrew although I do agree with your comment about the suits and would love to see a version incorporating Donald's suggestion to process it a tad darker.

You really captured 'the decisive moment' here and I think what makes the shot work so well is the synchronicity in the gait of the men.

Real Name
    Andrew

Thanks everyone!

Tony - thanks for the comment, I appreciate the feedback. I have played a little with higher contrast, and jut can't decide what I like best... I'll keep playing.

Donald - thank you for taking the time to have a look. The brightness was an artistic choice. I actually bumped the exposure up a full stop. I like it darker too, but just thought I'd try something a little different to see if I liked it.

Andre - thanks very much for your kind comments, they're greatly appreciated! And yes, upon viewing some more recent professional wedding shots, I've noticed that this type of quasi-high-key shot is currently quite the style. I sure hope that pressed suits aren't 'old school'!!!!

Shane - thank you for your comments too! I'm happy that I was able to get them all on the same gait. I think it would have just been another snap shot had that not come together.

Anyhow - here's a revision, with the exposure set to how it was actually captured, and with contrast upped.

Wedding Guys

Personally, I think I still prefer the original, but I'm always open to comments, and critique! Let me know what you think...