Thread: Guess who?

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Guess who?

Partly covered by a tree. Who do not know this? Can you guess the rest?

Shot against an early morning hazy blue sky.
    F 9.0, 1/250sec, 90mm, ISO100, WB Auto, Metering: Centre Weight.

Guess who?

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Re: Guess who?

Other than "24 hours" what else could be there??? even a magnifier could not help me

Real Name
    Christina

Hi Andre,

I think you photographed the sign very nicely indeed but it would be so much better without the tree in front of it. Maybe not possible from any position.

Real Name
    Philip

Andre, your photo post is uncannily well timed - for this week (25 Sept to 1 Oct) the special burger at all UK McDonalds, in their "Great Tastes of the World" series, is called "The South African Deluxe"!

Philip

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
    Other than "24 hours" what else could be there??? even a magnifier could not help me
    Maybe a big yellow M?

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Quote Originally Posted by Christina S View Post
    Hi Andre,

I think you photographed the sign very nicely indeed but it would be so much better without the tree in front of it. Maybe not possible from any position.
    Thanks Christina.
    A world famous brand. Do you need to see what is behind the tree. I doubt it. The tree is there for a reason. I did not want it out of the picture. The big M would have been enough. Will the viewer actually ask "What is behind the tree?"

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    their "Great Tastes of the World" series, is called "The South African Deluxe"!

Philip
    If it is not a thick piece of steak between two slices of mealie pap it cannot be a South African Deluxe.

Let us know what McDonalds recons is a "South African Deluxe".

Real Name
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by AB26 View Post
    If it is not a thick piece of steak between two slices of mealie pap it cannot be a South African Deluxe.

Let us know what McDonalds recons is a "South African Deluxe".
    This will probably disappoint you Andre but, to quote McDs:
    "Savour the flavours of South Africa with a 100% beef patty, bacon, cheese slices with peppers, Batavia lettuce, crispy fried onions and a combination of cool mayo and a sweet South African style sauce in a lattice bun. Delicious."
    I doubt that anyone here would expect McDs to be selling sandwiches containing thick steaks - in the UK it would make them far too expensive. So (trying to be fair), with the "Great Tastes of the World" series, they are promoting the combination of flavours rather than the ingredients, but does it seem to be like anything produced in SA?

Philip

Real Name
    Christina

Hi Andre,

Yes, indeed. And yes, for some reason I would prefer to see what is behind the tree but that is just me... Likely viewing the photo as an advertisement for McD in some off the beaten path town where no one knows about McD...

Thanks Christina.
    A world famous brand. Do you need to see what is behind the tree. I doubt it. The tree is there for a reason. I did not want it out of the picture. The big M would have been enough. Will the viewer actually ask "What is behind the tree?"

Real Name
    Robbie.

Thanks Christina.
    Andre,

You posed the question "Can you guess the rest?" It is only fair that others would like to know the answer.

And yes the viewer in this instance Christina did ask what was behind the tree so why not enlighten her seeing as she has taken the time to view and comment on your image.

Robbie.

Real Name
    Christina

Hi Andre,

Thank you but I do know what is behind the tree and he knows I know, I was just viewing Andre's photo from a different perspective than Andre.

McDonalds Restaurant Open 24 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ekins View Post
    Andre,

You posed the question "Can you guess the rest?" It is only fair that others would like to know the answer.

And yes the viewer in this instance Christina did ask what was behind the tree so why not enlighten her seeing as she has taken the time to view and comment on your image.

Robbie.

I can remember seeing the little sign beneath, proudly stating: Over 1 million Served. That was what, a couple of years back?
    Yes, that sign is very recognizable (certainly here in the U.S.), to the point that it proudly spoils the landscape everywhere you look. Given half a chance (far less than half most likely) you would see that damn sign in the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone Park, out front in St. Peter's Square, at the entrance to Sydney Opera House...etc. Like most things American, it's large, loud, demands your attention and is every damn where you go. Just kidding...or not.