Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: St Mary Magdalene

Real Name
    Peter

St Mary Magdalene

This is our parish church taken during the last snow. The church is very old and has medieval paintings inside. Also of particular interest to ouyr American cousins, the Provendor of the Mayflower, Christopher Martin was churchwarden here. At some point I intend to get some interior shots. All comments welcome.

St Mary Magdalene

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: St Mary Magdalene

Peter

Is this a more tightly cropped version of the image that was in Mini Comp #52?

That one I really liked. Not sure that this one works so well. The earlier one set the church more in in its surroundings and we got more a sense of its situation.

Real Name
    Steve

It's got a pile of snow on it; what does it look on the inside? Doesn't look old though.

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Peter

Is this a more tightly cropped version of the image that was in Mini Comp #52?

That one I really liked. Not sure that this one works so well. The earlier one set the church more in in its surroundings and we got more a sense of its situation.
    No, its a different shot. Taken at the same time but in portrait orientation with the foreground cropped. I liked the way the trees framed the building and contrast between the dark and sunlit branches.

Peter

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    It's got a pile of snow on it; what does it look on the inside? Doesn't look old though.
    Parts are very old but it has had some modifications by the Victorians and a new stained glass window to commemorate the sailing of the Mayflower. I will get some shots of the inside over the next few weeks (very busy at work at the moment )

Peter