Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Old Style

Old Style

Hi All,

Some "Old-Style" photos from digital exposures. I'm clearly going for two different eras, but please let me know what you think!

The grain in this looks much better in print... but I suppose this style was never meant for digital...
    Old Style

Same thing with the noise here. Aimed for an old-timey postcard of a Bed & Breakfast in the Everglades, Florida.
    Old Style

I have 4.5' X 6" prints of both of these and they look great, but when I have them posted here, the grain is overwhelmingly large and coarse. Any advice for reconciling the print vs. digital versions? Or is it just that the digital version is saved too large? Again, C&C welcome, and encouraged. Happy 2010!

Thanks,
    Mike

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Old Style

This is the only surviving print from my school days at least 40 years old.

It does look a bit like this apart from being in two pieces.

Old Style

Hi Arith,

Thanks for sharing! This is a great shot. It has almost an embossed look to it.

Do you remember any of the specs of the shot like camera or film used?

Did you mean the photo is in two pieces, or the car?

Real Name
    Steve

Well Capt; I exaggerate a bit when I said it was ripped in two, it was actually ripped down to Saunders car. I call him Saunders because he was a teacher and used to bellow Davis. The balloon is for range.

I can remember the word Halina; and since it turns out this is a camera I'm betting that is what it was, with 58mm fixed lens full of bubbles and probably f2 or more likely f2.8 to 16 with Tv bulb to 1/250 which I thought was fast. It was not an SLR.

Actually I didn't wash Mr Saunders photo properly and it disintegrated; I would have given him mine except that he put me in detention.

The negatives managed somehow to disapear whilst in the care of another teacher. But it is a long time ago and I'm amazed by how good I could get a ripped old photo.

Cheers