Thread: What price for Web image

Real Name
    Christopher Hotton

What price for Web image

I have just been approached by a travel company who want to use one of my images in their travel website for this year. The image will appear in a slide show and may be used as an access thumbnail.

The internet has not helped and I have no idea what to charge. Can anyone help with a suggestion?

Regards

Chris

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: What price for Web image

A place to look might be some of the stock image websites. Do a search on 'stock images of XXXX your subject)' and see what gets thrown up.

They do not attract much in the way of fees. But given this company has made a direct approach to you and want to use it for commercial purposes, you may be able to push it a bit higher.

Real Name
    Christopher Hotton

Thanks Donald - a good idea.

Real Name
    Christina

Hi Chris,

As a general guideline for a single photo the stock companies charge say from $20-$60 a photo (full size)... They also offer options such as buying 10 images for $99 USD. For exclusive use for a single photo(any media web/print) it ranges from $350 to $10,000 USD.

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    I have just been approached by a travel company who want to use one of my images in their travel website for this year. The image will appear in a slide show and may be used as an access thumbnail.
    The internet has not helped and I have no idea what to charge. Can anyone help with a suggestion?
    It appears that you make your income from Property Development: I'd guess that when you have a buyer who is interested, that you would tend to want to close early.

My suggestion is stop thinking too much about it. My opinion is the more you think, the less likely the travel agency will be to make purchase (think of the adage about 'hot irons').

A quick and authoritative response is what is required. Establish what the image is worth to you to make a pitch and TO WALK AWAY, if rejected.

If you want a number: Five-hundred Pounds - that will buy you a nice lens.

WW