Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Stare

Stare

It's only a snapshot from an outing to the zoo, but this creature had a captivating stare.

giraffe_small.jpg

Will
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 2nd January 2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: add image inline, had to be careful to avoid captivation though :)

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Stare

Might only be a snapshot, but it's a beauty. A moment captured. The full size version made me think that quite a tight crop around the head a neck puts even more attention onto that angelic face.

Yes a crop was my thoughts. Possibly try changing to 5 x 4 ratio or from landscape to portrait orientation. But don't crop excessively close.

Real Name
    Steve

Lovely; I would crop closer but leaving height. But that is just me and it is fine as it is.

Very interesting shot, I like it. My only comment is that: it might be better to use a bigger aperture to make the background more blurred, and the main subject would appear more focused.

Thank you all for your responses. I'll experiment with the cropping ideas (this version is as I saw it through the viewfinder). The aperture is as wide as the 55-250 goes, so there's not much that I can do about that one! It's a good suggestion though.

Will