Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Comments and critique welcome

Real Name
    Murat Batmaz

Comments and critique welcome

Here are some recent photos I took. I would welcome feedback on how they could be improved.

Anadolu Feneri, Istanbul, Turkey (4) by batmura, on Flickr

Anadolu Feneri, Istanbul, Turkey by batmura, on Flickr

Anadolu Feneri, Istanbul, Turkey (long exposure) (2) by batmura, on Flickr
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 9th August 2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: replaced with larger versions

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Comments and critique welcome

Hey, Batmura. Is that your name or should we call you something else?

I love your compositions and the colors. It is hard to comment further on nuances of the images due to the small size. It would be better for people to provide C/C if you could link larger versions. Also the link is broken on the third image. I am a coastal person and have been on/around boats all my life so you images are particularly compelling to me personally. But need bigger versions to look at

Real Name
    Murat Batmaz

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernFocus View Post
    Hey, Batmura. Is that your name or should we call you something else?

I love your compositions and the colors. It is hard to comment further on nuances of the images due to the small size. It would be better for people to provide C/C if you could link larger versions. Also the link is broken on the third image. I am a coastal person and have been on/around boats all my life so you images are particularly compelling to me personally. But need bigger versions to look at
    Hi Dan,

Can you still not see the third photo? There are hyper links under each shot which would direct you to my flickr page where you can see the photos larger.

Thanks!

Murat

Real Name
    Kaye Leggett

Wow, these are interesting photos as they aren't a colour I think of when I think of Turkey. I love the way you have captured the water in each of them

Real Name
    Murat Batmaz

Quote Originally Posted by kaye leggett View Post
    Wow, these are interesting photos as they aren't a colour I think of when I think of Turkey. I love the way you have captured the water in each of them
    Thanks! What is the colour you're reminded of when you think of Turkey?

Real Name
    Allan Short

Murat, love the colours in all 3 images, this morning only #'s 1 and 2 came up, now this afternoon #3 came up, which I am glad that is did as that is I one I like the best followed by number 1.
    Just a point from my view, if I have to go off site to find images I will just skip the post, if you want to add something like what Dan has at the bottom of his post #2, then if I like the images I will follow up and check out your site. Now I believe that you have to post a certain number of posts to be able to do that. I would suggest that you check with one of the Mods, to find out who they are just go to the pull down "quick links", then click on "view site leaders" any one of they will be able to help you do that. Because after seeing those images I want to visit you site.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Hi Murat

Very good compositions and the long exposures are very effective.

Just a couple of points

You can post larger versions of the images directly in your thread. The images look better when viewed directly in Flickr but you could post the same size here.

I suspect the colours are not particularly natural (ignore this if I'm wrong). That doesn't necessarily matter but to my taste, they look quite striking but a bit unreal. But that's just me !

Very nicely done though.

Dave

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Batmura,

I have replaced the linked images with the 1600 wide ones to "satisfy demand"
    I hope you don't mind.

All you need do is get the bigger version on screen at Flickr, right click and Copy Image Location, then use that here.

You may find there threads helpful;
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?
    How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images

Could you do us a favour please?
    Could you click Settings (right at the top), then Edit Profile (on left) and put your first name in the Real Name field? (even if it is Batmura, it avoids confusion) - thanks.

On the images;
    All three are nicely sharp and exposed, although perhaps I'd like a bit more shadow detail on #1.
    I would suggest that #3 needs a slight clockwise rotation to get the sea horizon level.

Welcome to the CiC forums from ...
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 9th August 2013 at 10:33 PM.

Real Name
    Kaye Leggett

Quote Originally Posted by batmura View Post
    Thanks! What is the colour you're reminded of when you think of Turkey?
    More orange than pink ??

Real Name
    Dan

Hello, Murat. The larger versions are much more impressive. I love the first one with the boat. My only suggestion is to maybe bring out a bit more detail in the rocks on the third shot.

As previously mentioned by others, most people (myself included) won't follow a linked image to look at it. It needs to be posted in the format that you want it viewed. But if you provide a link to your site in your signature then we can go view it at our leisure. Which I did by the way and you have some excellent imagery. I really like the ones that you have presented with the same shot at different shutter speeds. Really good stuff.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Hi Murat.

Your images have a wonderful, pleasing style. I love what you've done with the colors, tones and vignetting.

My only suggestion is to alter your processing technique in photo #2 so that the light outline immediately above the hill on the left side does not show.

Great composition, and those colours! Very special.

Real Name
    John

The dock line looked odd until I recognized what is was. Now see added potential if it were used as a leading line. Nice image.