Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Drinks Anyone?

Drinks Anyone?

A bit shaky I'm afraid. Trying out my new light box. I can see I am going to have fun with this little gadget

Steve

Teenage Dream
    Drinks Anyone?

Drinks Anyone?

Drinks Anyone?

Drinks Anyone?

Whoops...forgot one

Drinks Anyone?
    Last edited by Wirefox; 26th December 2009 at 07:34 PM.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Drinks Anyone?

Hi Steve,

Light: Science and Magic have some excellent instruction on lighting things like this.

Real Name
    Steve

I like the reflections in the first two... I think.

Real Name
    Pops

I really like #3. Neat shot.

Pops

Hi Steve, nice work - I like it. I especially like the bottle and the full length wine glass on its side (just would have liked to have seen the base a bit sharper, nice shadows/highlights though).
    Can you please tell me a bit about your setup? I have never done anything like this but would like to (mainly watches). Even a photo of your 'lightbox' would be appreciated - homemade or commercial?

Cheers
    Steve

Hi,
    How many degrees?
    All the best!
    Radu Dinu

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

VERY interesting photographs and well done.

Chuck

Real Name
    Steve

Yeh; but I'm out of drink so has he drunk the first one or can I have it. Not really just joking. Is there really figures in the first or am I suffering from strange monitor syndrome, and if there is exactly how did you do it. It beats me at the moment unless you added it later.

Light: Science and Magic have some excellent instruction on lighting things like this.
    Thanks for the reference Colin. Flicking through the first few pages on Amazon this promises to be a really useful book. I will order it when I get a spare few minutes.

And thank you all for your comments. This is the first time I have used a light box and I can see it becoming really useful to the type of photography I do.

Steve H, I will get a snap next time I set up. In the meantime this light box is simply a white fabric cube on a frame with 2 open sides. The whole lot (about 24" square) folds into flat carrying case. 2 daylight halogen lamps are supplied on stands. In this case the lamps were positioned either side of the box and my 430EX attached to a table top stand (also came with the light box) and fired via 3ft ETTL cable (I have a longer on on order). The 430EX was bounced off a white ceiling through an old plastic milk carton (to diffuse the light). The box is supplied with fabric backdrops that cover 2 sides. As for the watches it can be done without a light box. The image below was taken using black art card and off camera flash held in my hand. Not too brilliant but it works.

Drinks Anyone?

Arith, the only figures you may be able to see is the reflection of my ugly mug squinting through the viewfinder. Is strange 'monitor syndrome' another term for seasonal indulgence? I was going to ask the family if they could see the wee folk in the bottle...but after some thought...perhaps not