Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Glass Lids

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Glass Lids

I cook with these glass lids every day. Until photographing them today, I thought I had three that were exactly the same. Instead, I now realize that no two of them are alike. I tried to take advantage of that but I sure would like to be able to photograph three lids that are the same.

Glass Lids

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Glass Lids

YOGI without the mouth (errr the nose?). Anyway this is another great top down shot.

Real Name
    Greg

Mike, I think you are doing great work with the technicalities of this type of subject but have you considered the way you lay the items out? This one reminds Bobo of Yogi; the other Circles one reminds me of Mickey Mouse.
    I prefer the sepia tones of the earlier glasses top down, too.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Thanks, guys!

Greg: I saw the similarity in this one of a face without a mouth as I was creating the composition but don't see that as a strength or a weakness. Instead, I was creating geometric patterns and this one has several of them. I didn't and still don't see any resemblance to Yogi even after conducting a search of him to remind me exactly what he looks like.

In "Simple Circles," I was going only for the simplicity of that one, trying to make sure that everything about it was asymmetrical and, thus, not static. I didn't see anything relating to Mickey Mouse as I was working with the composition and I still don't. That's not surprising considering that I rarely see patterns in clouds that others see and it's nearly impossible for me to recognize patterns in the stars even when someone is trying to point them out to me.