Real Name
    Harmon Bobbitt II

Ocean view!

Ocean view!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Ocean view!

Wonderful use of light. Great clarity.

Point for discussion is whether a bit more thought could have gone into the composition in terms of not having that light toned 'thing' at the top of his head and not having that structure at the top right. If you had taken two paces to the right and got a slightly different angle, both those 'features' would have been eliminated.

But, of course, maybe you and others don't mind those things being there.

Real Name
    John

Very nice image.

Real Name
    Mary

It's a nice image and I agree with Donald. That bright "building" over his head draws my eye. Maybe you can clone it out?-mary

Real Name
    Greg

White suit, white shoes, white bg objects -- that's a demanding composition, Harmon, but it does work. It's a nice image.

Apart from what Donald has said, I am wondering about the focus. When I view it in maximum size, the pebbles in the foreground are sharper than the rest of the photo. The subject's left shoe, left knee, and right hand appear to be in the same focal plane, but the rest is slighlty behind it, so the body and face are a little soft.

Did you use spot focus or matrix? Because it looks like the camera has focused on the foreground rather than the guys eyes.

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Harmon I think this is a very good attempt at portraiture. I have to agree that a different composition would have been better. The lamp post should have been avoided, that can be cropped out.
    Always be very aware of not having anything "growing" out of the head of your subject.
    Focus should always be on the eye nearest the camera.

Very well done at a very good time of day to get very good shots with very good lighting. You sure are on the right track.