Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Love is You

Real Name
    Tom

Love is You

I have tried processing this image so many different ways I am dizzy, lol. I would love to hear C&C on this variation of it.

Love is You

Real Name
    Lex

Re: Love is You

I think the vignetting is rather strong, especially in the sky, and I think the shack could be brighter. Not sure a square crop is the way to go here: I'd try a vertical 2:3 or narrower and see if you like it.

On the plus side, the color palette's great, and I like the subject. Some detail in the trees would be nice, but that's probably asking a lot. Overall, the shot leads my eye around rather well. I like it.

Real Name
    Tom

Thank you Rust for the awesome feedback. It's funny I started working on it again and headed that direction but I feel your idea about the trees could aid really well in the circular motion of it all. I suppose lighter would be a way to accomplish this?

I would love to present this in a dual/side by side view with this take on it earlier this year.

Love is You

Real Name
    Mary

On the color version I would move to the left a little-get it out of the center-but I like the color and the darkness- you feel it. I also like the BW version- but I appears the building is "falling back", can you straighten it? I could see lots of versions of this from all kinds of different angles. Work it and see what happens--mary

Real Name
    pinaki

Clouds in the first look very dramatic. I agree with Lex Vignetting looks overdone. At what time of day did you shoot this pic? Slight shadow details would improve the image perhaps.