Thread: Easter 8's

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

Easter 8's

Sorry....more Lacrosse, the season is over now so I won't bore you with too much more

Easter 8's

Easter 8's

Real Name
    Jon

Re: Easter 8's

There is NOTHING boring about your lacrosse photos. I really enjoy your eye.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I definitely prefer B & W for sports action stuff like this. I feel it helps focus attention on the action.

Real Name
    Jon

OK...you make it look really easy. My nephew had a Lacrosse game today so off I went thinking, "Hey, I ought to get a couple of decent shots, maybe? Well, I am saddened to say that after 287 shots taken during the 1.5 hour game I ended up with exactly 0 keepers. I had good focus and correct exposure, but I don't understand the game and that makes it hard for me to anticipate which direction the action is going to go...so I got a lot of shots of the players names on the back of their jerseys

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Jon - You make a really good point about knowing your subject. I had the same results as you when I tried to shoot leaping salmon last October. I'd never tried it before and my inexperience really showed. But it was important learning and I'll be much more ready for the salmon run later this year. It's that thing about practice, practice, practice.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by mammarazzi View Post
    Sorry....more Lacrosse, the season is over now so I won't bore you with too much more

Easter 8's

Easter 8's
    So there should be some tennis pics coming soon then?

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

Hi Jon,
    I could not even count the thousands of shots that went on the rubbish heap over the years of learning about the game. At the recent Home Internationals I took 2000 shots and got 850 decent shots. I looked at the images taken by the hired professional photographer (charges £10/$15 per image to buy) who has to be a jack of all sports but master of none and I have to say that mine were far superior (and I give a CD of all my images free to anyone who wants them). But this is because I do know the game and I really can after 7 years predict when some really good action is about to take place (I even have to time to shout at the ref when I think he/she has got a decision wrong). The next time your nephew has a game I will gladly give you some tips on what to look out for to get those great action shots but my rule is just follow the ball, its a fast game so I use sports mode that keeps the focus moving on the subject and of course continuous shoot mode as you dont want to miss that special moment. Your nephew will have the best Lacrosse photos which will undoubtedly lead to you being his teams official photographer, which happened to me and I am proud to say that I am the Wales Lacrosse Official Photographer and I even get press passes which makes me smile when the professionals look at me thinking "why is Mom taking photos with us guys".
    Watch some mens Lacrosse on Youtube and you will soon get to know this fantastic game.

Joanne xxx

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I had the same results as you when I tried to shoot leaping salmon last October. I'd never tried it before and my inexperience really showed. But it was important learning and I'll be much more ready for the salmon run later this year. It's that thing about practice, practice, practice.
    Hi Donald,
    It has been an ambition of mine since my first go at Salmon fishing when I was 5 months pregnant with Lottie, watching Salmon leaping in the Ericht, Blairgowrie, to one day capture that incredible scene. I gave up fishing when I began to catch more than my Hubby (to spare his feelings) but can still cast a single and double handed Rod (being tought by the legendary Peter Anderson who is a dear friend). Now that my Children have grown this is something I would dearly like to do, so if you know when and where in your glorious country my Hubby would love to fish and I would love to join you in getting that elusive shot.

Joanne xx