Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Lenticular Clous Above Mt Shasta

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Lenticular Clous Above Mt Shasta

I apologize for posting so much all of a sudden but I'm currently in a target rich environment and I wanted to share these cool lenticular clouds above Mt. Shasta before I get busy with Thanksgiving.

Chuck

The first shot is wide so you can see the other interesting clouds at the time.

The second shot is closer in:

The final shot is in close:

Re: Lenticular Clous Above Mt Shasta

These are beautiful. I'm wondering how they would look in B&W. It looks like there's a lot of nice shading in the clouds to bring out through local contrast adjustments in B&W or even in a different color conversion. Again, very nice captures that give you a lot of room to play in PP.

Real Name
    Jeroen

beautiful ones here
    The mountains look quite impressive and the clouds are like drawn into the picture to match the mountains. I also like the difference in colour between the foreground and the bright blue sky.
    In think the first one would look better if you took it from a little heigher position but I guess that just a silly remark as there simply wasn't any oppertunity to raise the camera enough.

Btw what lens did you use for that zooming?

Real Name
    Peter Phun

Chuck,
    Beautiful image. Those should be flying off the gallery walls! Congratulations on that image!

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by JK6065 View Post
    beautiful ones here
    The mountains look quite impressive and the clouds are like drawn into the picture to match the mountains. I also like the difference in colour between the foreground and the bright blue sky.
    In think the first one would look better if you took it from a little heigher position but I guess that just a silly remark as there simply wasn't any oppertunity to raise the camera enough.

Btw what lens did you use for that zooming?
    Thank you. I would wish for a higher and more interesting foreground but this was the best I could do before the clouds moved on. I used a Canon 24-105 lens for all shots. The wide one was at 24 and the close one was at 105.

Thank you also Pete and eno. I did try a B&W conversion and didn't like it. There is little color apart from the blue in the images and I missed it when I went to black and white. I may try again and also try for more shape/texture/contrast in the clouds.

Chuck
    Last edited by CNelson; 25th November 2009 at 07:57 PM.