Thread: Karlu Karlu National Park.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Karlu Karlu National Park.

Here's another couple from the Devils Marbles in Karlu Karlu National Park. C&C welcome.

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Karlu Karlu National Park.

Lovely shots, Wayne. I'm not getting your EXIF data for some reason. I was curious as to your focal length.

Not sure what software you use for post, but the color is very similar to what I get in LR4 when I push up the vibrance to get some blue channel enhancement- it also drags up the yellow a little higher than I prefer, and I have to add a step to reduce the yellow.

Of course you are the only one who knows the actual color in the scene- it was just a passing thought more regarding the 2nd image which is my favorite.

Real Name
    Splashy

Breathtakingly beautiful.

Real Name
    Mike

Beautiful! Curious, did you use a CPL? 1st photo has a bluer band along the left upper corner. Didn't know if it was from a filter or PP? I know I get that sometimes with my CPL, and not sure if I was not rotating it right.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
    Beautiful! Curious, did you use a CPL? 1st photo has a bluer band along the left upper corner. Didn't know if it was from a filter or PP? I know I get that sometimes with my CPL, and not sure if I was not rotating it right.
    Yes both shots used a polariser and used aperture (Apple) for the pp. still getting the hang of pp but always keen to learn, thanks guys

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

The post-processing is a bit over the top to my taste, but a lot of people probably like it.

I just have to comment about the composition of both photos. I doubt that I would have thought of using the foreground grass as an important element in the first one and it works wonderfully. I don't remember seeing clouds that provide a leading line to the subject as in the second photo and it works very well.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    The post-processing is a bit over the top to my taste, but a lot of people probably like it.

I just have to comment about the composition of both photos. I doubt that I would have thought of using the foreground grass as an important element in the first one and it works wonderfully. I don't remember seeing clouds that provide a leading line to the subject as in the second photo and it works very well.
    Thanks Mike, it's a hard thing to judge when piping. I often second guess wether to add a touch more or leave it be.