Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: LA Heat

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

LA Heat

This is a cropped and processed version of a larger picture in the Natural History Museum in Cleveland. I didn't see a photographer's name linked to it. Comments welcomed.

LA Heat

Karm

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Re: LA Heat

Karm why would you want to take a picture of a picture and then post it?

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Re: LA Heat

Hi Andre. If I was just taking a photograph of a photograph then what you are implying in your question would be correct. The original picture was much larger and its intent was different than my interpretation of it -- that's why i said I cropped and processed it. For me, a photograph is an object like any other object (a Campbell Soup Can, a tree, a person, a butterfly, a painting, a work of sculpture, etc.) worthy of taking a picture of if you are going to say something different about it.

In my photograph, I fixated on the sun and its burning heat. I believe the intent of the original was burning up the planet's energy supply.

Andre, at least this is my view. I think the only rule in taking pictures of someone's art (the original was not presented as art) is to cite the source of the original. I'm a bit fuzzy on the rules concerning commercialization of a picture like LA Heat.

Karm