Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: OMD & LLP Go to: Cherry Blossom, DC

Real Name
    Brian Y.

OMD & LLP Go to: Cherry Blossom, DC

Finally was able to get to see the Blossoms for the first time. I took the OMD EM5 of course, and my primes and had some fun. unfortunately , a lot of people, overcast hazy skies, and hot.

Close And Personal by Leading Line Photography, on Flickr

Trimmed by Leading Line Photography, on Flickr

jefferson 2 by Leading Line Photography, on Flickr

Blossom Tree B+W by Leading Line Photography, on Flickr

Old And Wilted by Leading Line Photography, on Flickr

Small Flowers Big Tree by Leading Line Photography, on Flickr

Jefferson With Flowers by Leading Line Photography, on Flickr

Through The Blossom by Leading Line Photography, on Flickr

Jefferson Memorial by Leading Line Photography, on Flickr

Up-Close by Leading Line Photography, on Flickr

Jefferson Full by Leading Line Photography, on Flickr

as always, comments and criticism welcome. link to entire set : Cherry Blossoms 2013 - Set on FLickr

Real Name
    james

Re: OMD & LLP Go to: Cherry Blossom, DC

Cool stuff ! around here cherry blossoms means lots of hungry bears prowling about.

Real Name
    Tony Marshall

Very nice, bright colours. They show the same optimism that I always feel at this time of year - in the Northern Hemisphere of course

"Old and Wilted" (#5) and "Small flowers on big tree" (#6) are my favourites. I would have liked to see all the tree in focus though, but that's a minor point.

Tony

Real Name
    Susan

Thanks a lot for sharing these! I've yet to see them in person even though we go down to the DC area at least once a year. I like all of them and comparing the differences between them, but my favorite is the one where we are peeking through to see the Jefferson Memorial (Jefferson 2).

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Very nice highly stylized images (though the strong use of the vignette is a bit too much for my taste). I especially like #3. Your use of the Jefferson Memorial in the background is very effective and quite different from the typical use of it.

I'm surprised that you wish the sky hadn't been overcast. The diffused lighting produced by the clouds is an ideal condition for photographing flowers; if the sky had been bright with no clouds, you probably would have gotten harsh shadows that would have made the photos less appealing.

Unfortunately, you may have to wait two years before the scaffolding on the Washington Monument is removed.

Real Name
    Brian Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Very nice highly stylized images (though the strong use of the vignette is a bit too much for my taste). I especially like #3. Your use of the Jefferson Memorial in the background is very effective and quite different from the typical use of it.

I'm surprised that you wish the sky hadn't been overcast. The diffused lighting produced by the clouds is an ideal condition for photographing flowers; if the sky had been bright with no clouds, you probably would have gotten harsh shadows that would have made the photos less appealing.

Unfortunately, you may have to wait two years before the scaffolding on the Washington Monument is removed.
    thank you! I appreciate your constructive criticism. I am too wondering if i used too much vignetting in PP, i guess i really wanted to make the viewer focus on the flowers and to the center of the image by using vignetting.

and i never thought about the sun being too strong, producing shadows like you say.. I learn something new everyday, and that keeps me coming back for more.