Thread: Come and get it.........if you think your hard enough!

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

Come and get it.........if you think your hard enough!

Lottie playing Lacrosse this Easter.......my girl will not give up that ball without a fight

[IMG]Come and get it.........if you think your hard enough![/IMG]

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Come and get it.........if you think your hard enough!

Joanne

I wondered about cropping at the left on Lottie's opponent, to exclude that person in the background.

I think people woulds find it helpful (or, I would) if you were able to post up based EXIF data underneath these sorts of images:- Lens; Shutter Speed; Aperture; ISO. Becuase you really are now nailing these in terms of exposure and freezing the action.

Real Name
    Wayland ( aka. Gary Waidson )

I think rather than cropping, I would be tempted to use a little of the fence line in front of the opponent to clone/heal into the area behind the opponent to remove the other player without too much damage to the composition.

Just an idea and might be more fiddle than it's worth, she doesn't bother me too much as it is.

Real Name
    Dave

Nice sharp image. A bit off topic, but I've played a lot of lacrosse - complete with helmet, gloves and various other protections. Looking at these girls makes me wince

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

Thank you folks for your comments....I do find this cropping and cloning a bit of a dilemma - which one do you choose, chop the offending bit off or (in my case) spend hours painstakingly cloning out people, buildings, animals etc...which I am not particularly good at (I think the large glass or 2 of wine during said procedure doesn't help). Gary if you could clone out the offending (sorry Miranda) person in the background and make it look like she was never there, please be my guest I would be thrilled as I don't think my liver could take a session as long as it would take me (and it would look awful).
    Donald, thank you for your encouraging comments, I am always chuffed to bits when you like my images. I never thought anyone would be intersted in how I captured them so I will try to remember to include the "technical" bit, so this is for you. Lens: Canon EF 70 - 200mm F4 L IS USM: Speed 1/800: ISO 100: F4: Lady Luck
    Dave, The mens Lacrosse game - what a bunch of scaredy cats in your body armour - just joking I was at the Lacrosse Mens World Champs in Manchester and you lot really bash hell out of each other - but so do we girls but we don't have armour plating I have posted a photo of my daughter arm after a game just for you

Come and get it.........if you think your hard enough!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Gotta agree with everyone that this is another marvelous image. It's marvelous because it shows both the action and the emotion of the sport.

Gotta disagree with everyone that the player in the background should be removed. She is as much a part of the emotion as the two subjects; she is intently looking on to see who is going to win the battle going on.

Real Name
    Dave

Ouch! Happy memories. Mind you, I played in goal for a while - a route to real bruises but not decently photographable . I've also played the odd game of mixed lacrosse - that really is scary, worse than mixed (field!) Hockey

P.S. Always the same, if you're a lefty it's your right arm that gets the hammer!
    Last edited by davidedric; 14th April 2013 at 09:48 AM.