Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sunrise Silhouettes

Real Name
    Greg

Sunrise Silhouettes

This lighthouse is an on-going project for me. It is iconic, but it is ugly in daylight -- although that doesn't stop thousands of tourists from photographing it every year. So, I am determined to capture it in a more interesting way.

One of the problems is all the junk around it - picnic tables, fences, monuments, 'historical artefacts', a roadway and heaps of people. My current approach is to tackle it early morning before too many people are about and let the darkness hide all the clutter.

These are not the pictures I had planned to take on this occassion, but the weather gods were against me (again) and the sun didn't perform as expected. So I just played around with exposures for a while and then quit. When first viewing the results on the computer I was disappointed to see a few bodies had wandered into frame, but then I decided that those bodies actually make the picture. C&C welcome. Thanks for viewing.

Sunrise Silhouettes

Sunrise Silhouettes

Re: Sunrise Silhouettes

Normally I would be tempted to say crop tighter on the first image. But I rather like the big light/small light idea so I would keep it as it is now.

A few people do help to give an indication of scale.

Real Name
    Greg

Re: Sunrise Silhouettes

Thanks, Geoff.