Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Truck on a nature trail

Real Name
    Leland Leger

Truck on a nature trail

I haven't actually posted a whole lot of photos or perhaps any I think... I think it's about time to try and grow and actually see if I can get a bit of criticism so I can hopefully get better.

This is from a marsh and wildlife preserve that I was driving upon. I actually had a different shot I was going for until I turned around and spotted this. I wanted to get it before the sun fully set into the distant mountains.

Truck on a nature trail

Real Name
    Christina

Re: Truck on a nature trail

Hi Jason,
    I'm just learning too..

The detail and lighting you captured in the clouds is lovely. I like the way the road leads the eye to the horizon (which needs a little straightening)...

Basically OK, Jason.

You have lost a bit of detail near the sun; but that is often impossible to avoid and isn't too bad.

There is a bird, or small plane, or whatever, in the sky near the top, which I would clone out.

Composition is acceptable but ideally, a different angle which placed the end of the road closer to the sun would work better for me. But this might not have been possible because you need to show part of the vehicle side, not straight on to the rear, and going too far to the right may have resulted in an excessively dark side.

So I suspect you did everything that was possible with this scene.

Real Name
    Leland Leger

Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback. I was just thinking about the duck in the sky but I didn't trust myself to clone it out. I'll see what I can do about that and keep it part of the sky.

I do kind of wish I wanted the road closer to the sun but time and positioning (there are large ponds nearby that I can't walk on) kind of forced me here.