Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: By the beach

Real Name
    Graham Heron

By the beach

A continuance of the pics from the painted landscape series.
    One side of the beach is the sea, this side is a lagoon.
    Graham
    By the beach

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: By the beach

Amazing foreground colours. I was wondering whether this shot could be better with only the beach and nothing else.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Hi Graham. I agree with Bobo's remarks.

To me there are two predominant objects in this photo. One is the conch and the other is the cracked mud with all its texture. If you were to simply crop off the top half of the image, it would be like viewing two separate photographs side by side. I was wondering if you were to retake this shot (which may not be possible), if it would be better to move more to the left so that the conch was more in front of the cracked mud, perhaps at 45 degree angle from the present view. I would also get lower down if possible. Hard to describe so I may not be clear. The goal would be to show the conch encroaching into the cracked mud's turf. I suspect if would make for a more dynamic image.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Hi Ken,
    I'm smiling remembering how I took this shot. I was standing on two old (and fragile) bamboo sticks, using them to stop myself sinking into the mud. Movement was very limited.
    I think I see what you mean about the angle. I do have the chance to get back out there, so maybe take a couple of planks and use them as 'snowshoes' to get into a better position (but only as long as nobody takes my picture doing so, I'm sure it would not be flattering). I shall see what I can do.
    Thanks to you and Bobo for the on-line tutelage.
    Graham