Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: family wedding

Real Name
    Paul Matthews

family wedding

went to a family wedding and done the usual whilst there. the following morning i was also asked to take some pics of the family and kids at the beach. please let me know your thoughts on any of the pics.

family wedding

family wedding

family wedding

family wedding

I'm not 100% about this one below
    family wedding

family wedding

and then some experimenting for an album cover of sorts
    family wedding

family wedding

family wedding

family wedding

I apologise for the amount of photo's but look forward to any CC that can be given as its the first time i have done a wedding or anything like the last few images.

Cheers
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 28th February 2013 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Number shots to give us a chance

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: family wedding

Hi Paul,

I apologise for the amount of photo's but look forward to any CC that can be given as its the first time I have done a wedding or anything like the last few images.
    It helps to be a bit more selective and number the shots (I have done this) - otherwise just think how we'd have to describe comments on any of the last four, so you'd know which we meant

This may help you:
    How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images

Cheers,

Real Name

Hi again Paul,

1 - 3 are fine as Reception pictures

#2 is great but I'd clone out the sharp edged bit in the bokeh top left of centre.

#3 I'd crop so there's also half a lamp on left too and clone out the green blob top right

4 - 6 are not obviously wedding shots (in any way) for those that haven't been there, but then

the following morning i was also asked to take some pics of the family and kids at the beach.
    7 - 10 ok as experiments, for me #9 works best, followed by #7, the other too have the cannon barrel, which might mean something to the participants, but not to us - it just complicates things.

Hope that helps,

Real Name
    Andrew

In #3 I find the lighting a bit bright and would suggest bringing them down to a point they are not the first thing you see. #6 crop it tighter to eliminate some of the non-contributing sky and beach. As an old married guy I think the inclusion of the cannon is appro.

Real Name
    Paul Matthews

Thanks guys. I'll look at cropping a couple of the pics accordingly. The cannon does mean something as the wedding was held at polhawn fort and is a garden piece do it will stay in most the pics.
    Thanks for taking the time to look and comment

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by paulm View Post
    The cannon does mean something as the wedding was held at polhawn fort and is a garden piece so it will stay in most the pics.
    Ah now, if I'd known that, I would'na suggested removing it

Brings us back to it being worth your while to tell us a bit more about the pictures