Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tree Fungi

Real Name
    Ben

Tree Fungi

This is my favourite picture from my first walkabout. I left the camera in auto mode and focused more on trying to frame shots.

I quite liked the contrasting colours of the fungi and tree.

C and C welcome

Tree Fungi
    Eastbourne2.jpg by BenCremin, on Flickr
    I noticed that Lightroom added a watermark, i need to remove that! That application seems like a beast and it'll take some time to master!

Real Name
    mark

Re: Tree Fungi

IMO it could use more contrast. I also seems a bit too light.

Real Name
    Lex

Might want to try a color version, too. It might be a little more clear that the fungi are your focal point. Good job blowing out the foreground and background with a wide aperture (though that may have been the camera's decision).

If the fungi is your main subject, I would crop tighter to remove some of the distractions.

Possibly try a 5 x 4 crop and lose some of the right side.

But whatever you do, there are out of focus branches in the foreground which are spoiling the effect.

Often difficult to avoid though. Sometimes I am able to clear away potential problems before shooting; although too often I still miss something which should have been obvious.

Alternatively, it is a case of adjusting the camera angle to create a slightly different composition.

Out of focus areas in the background are usually no problem; but they tend to be distracting when in the foreground, unless totally blurred.